The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on September 10, 2017, 05:23:52 PM
the eagles won nobody cares anymore but looked mediocre so everyone's whining about that now

SD

I offered to pay for my great aunts plane ticket and have a spare room for her to stay and she declined. She just textd me a tree fell through her bedroom. She's in Port St Lucie.

Diomedes

This is the weather thread, yo.  Not the women thread.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Or the home improvement thread.

Getting a little wet out there. Had to drain the pool again, and the yard's a little flooded.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

seems like we are clear of anymore romey hysterics
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

It's just hitting full force right now.  It's pretty bad but it could be worse.  As for my so-called hysterics, you go thru this and then we'll talk.  icehole. 

Munson

Just saw some drone footage of flooding in Naples...hope your place is still good Geo, it looked bad
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Is that where Geo hails from? If so, sorry dude. Naples looks like it got it the worst.

General_Failure

We've had some tornadoes here, but not in my neighborhood. Power flickered for a minute, and I was without internet for ten minutes. Pray for me.

SD

Why do the stations put their reporters at risk with having them stand out in the storm to give updates. We get it, the weathers zesty, but watching a reporter hold their hat and screaming into a microphone with rain, gusting wind and shtein blowing by their head doesn't enhance the coverage.

PhillyPhreak54

It'll keep happening until one dies. Let them get their head sliced open by a flying street sign or something.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on September 11, 2017, 08:53:08 AM
I was without internet for ten minutes.

I'm sorry. No one should have to go through that.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 11, 2017, 09:48:22 AM
It'll keep happening until one dies. Let them get their head sliced open by a flying street sign or something.

Seems like that would drive up ratings even more. Speaking for myself, the storm guys aren't in enough danger to make it interesting to watch. If they were dodging projectiles and falling over and shtein, that's must-see TV.

General_Failure

Power went out, but we've got the generator going. Pool needs to be drained again, I really should have just drained out two feet to start with. 20 year old untreated fence posts snapped, so I'm without a gate to the back yard. The good thing about that is I'll be able to pull the rest out by hand and just drop a new post in whenever this wind dies down.

Geowhizzer

We're still up in Georgia.  Schools are officially out for the week.

Our alarm system indicated that we lost power around 11am yesterday.  Hasn't come back yet.

By and large it was, for a direct strike, about as positive an outcome that it could be.  The fact that the storm made land a little south (Marco Island) and went through downtown Naples reduced Irma to a cat-3 before it got to us.  And the storm disintegrated enough in passing that the possible storm surge was a lot less than predicted. 

I won't know fully about my house until we get back Wednesday or Thursday.  We have to wait for Irma to pass my parent's house today, and will wait for the OK from the Collier County Emergency Management.  We know one friend of ours had a tree hit their bedroom.  From reports of people near us, the flooding wasn't bad in our area.  I'm sure that, at the very least, I will have a lot of cleaning up to do with branches and palm fronds in the yard (that's what I get for living in the woods).

General_Failure

We're up to 5 broken fence posts now. The horror.