The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

The morons on the key west live feeds earlier standing by the ocean better have written their names, SSN and DOB on themselves in sharpie for easy body identification.

Rome

We're still 24 hours out and the breeze at the beach up the street is blowing at least 40 mph. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on September 09, 2017, 10:13:07 PM
We're still 24 hours out and the breeze at the beach up the street is blowing at least 40 mph.

thankfully for you on that side of the state it wont be shtein

ma dooks in law drove from palm coast to baltimore earlier in the week when the east coast of florida was a possibility...oh well....she aint a crook son she a shook one
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Apparently the beachfront area of Jacksonville got ordered to evacuate yesterday. Thankfully, this big dumb empty city is huge and I'm 30 miles from there.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 09, 2017, 09:54:20 PM
The morons on the key west live feeds earlier standing by the ocean better have written their names, SSN and DOB on themselves in sharpie for easy body identification.

https://twitter.com/cbsnews/status/906718973240233985

ice grillin you

wow latest track has irma not hitting land until the panhandle near tallahasse
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

That dirty side is gonna scrape its ass up the coast. Ugly shtein

Rome

It's dead quiet out now.  Kinda pretty out, actually.   We're definitely staying.  The city of Daytona has a huge six story parking garage on the beachside.   I parked my wife's new car on the fifth floor interior just in case.  My car is tucked safely in our garage. 

Rome

And just like that it starting pouring out. 

Sgt PSN

Live cam from University of Tampa. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRAN9TSj5Kc

Here's a whole bunch of web cams with live feeds.  Not surprising here, but the ones in SW Florida all seem to either be offline or offer 0 visibility. 

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2017/09/watch_irma_florida_web_cams.html

PhillyPhreak54

The videos of Tampa and the Bahamas where the water has completely receded from the shorelines is weird as farg

Tsunami like

Sgt PSN

Rome

I don't know what to say or how to express this but it LOOKS like this thing is rapidly downgrading.  It's now a #2 with sustained winds of 110 and is forecast to be down to a #1 by the time in hits Tampa tonight.

This bitch of a storm has thrown curve after curve, but if this holds, it might be the best news ever.  Wow.

It's gotten pretty whipped up here in Daytona now.  We get intermittent squalls and it's probably hitting 40-50 mph but nothing awful so far.

Fingers are definitely crossed...

MDS

the eagles won nobody cares anymore

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.