The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

this beast is still making its way through the islands...and jose just became a hurricane
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I feel like a fleshpop for laughing at this. 

Sgt PSN

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 06, 2017, 03:06:19 PM
Damn - its gonna make a hard right. I don't think I have ever seen a storm turn that dramatically before.

Hopefully it skips off the outer banks and then heads back to sea

Amen.  Hurt as few people as possible.

Putting up plywood now.  Sure sign that we'll get a few thunderstorms and be back in school by Monday.

PhillyPhreak54

lol a good sacrifice

Just leave it up like people do with Christmas lights

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I was at the EOC for a briefing at 3:00.  It's 50/50 right now.  The NWS hurricane dude said it was a perplexing storm for a lot of reasons but mostly because they've rarely seen one stay this intense for this long.  Georgia and SC might be in the direct crosshairs now but they're really concerned about tornadoes along the east coast. 

I'll know tomorrow night if I'm going to be activated for sure.  If that happens I'm heading at least 100 miles inland. 

Also - hoarding and panic buying have gripped these retards down here.  I saw a guy with no fewer than 20 gas cans filling up.   That is out and out bullshtein.  Half the stations are completely out of gas because of that. 

General_Failure

My neighbors haven't even moved their patio furniture yet. I defer to their expertise, so I'm not panicking yet.

Every store is out of bottled water, though.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on September 06, 2017, 07:19:02 PM
I was at the EOC for a briefing at 3:00.  It's 50/50 right now.  The NWS hurricane dude said it was a perplexing storm for a lot of reasons but mostly because they've rarely seen one stay this intense for this long.  Georgia and SC might be in the direct crosshairs now but they're really concerned about tornadoes along the east coast. 

I'll know tomorrow night if I'm going to be activated for sure.  If that happens I'm heading at least 100 miles inland. 

Also - hoarding and panic buying have gripped these retards down here.  I saw a guy with no fewer than 20 gas cans filling up.   That is out and out bullshtein.  Half the stations are completely out of gas because of that.

The station closest to my house is empty right now.  There are cars parked at the pumps waiting for the tanker truck to come.

QB Eagles

Gotta get that last round in.

SD

Trump golfing photo shop in that pic would be hilarious

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

Ok, so this is really not looking good now.  Storm surge is looking to be beyond catastrophic, so evacuation of the barrier islands is a certainty.  They're still not sure of the track but it's coming into focus.  There's nothing to stop this bitch, so I will probably end up with a house that is 15 feet underwater.  And since I'm in a non-flood zone, I have no flood insurance, so everything I own will be destroyed and I have no recourse except FEMA.  That's the worst case scenario everyone here who knows about this shtein has been warning us about for decades.  And here we are.

SD

Good luck dude. Keep your family safe.

rjs246

Stay safe Rome. If you need a place to crash in Richmond, I've got you covered. Plus beer.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.