The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

lol

Are you in the path of the storm at all?

General_Failure

We'll probably just get high winds here.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

That's good news. You and Geo will be ok now we just hope Romey avoids the smack down

Rome

The latest forecast is really bad now.   Ugh - we're going to get smashed by this thing. 

General_Failure

Okay, yeah, that projection's covering half the weiner. We're gonna die.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

Rome, make sure you don't forget your smart phone/tablet/laptop/desktop so you can stay in touch with us.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Where will you evacuate to? The west coast of Florida?

Rome

I have a reservation in Tampa at a Residence Inn right now.  I can cancel it depending on how the track changes. 

PhillyPhreak54

You mentioned insurance earlier is everything covered for your home?

Rome

Everything but flood insurance.  If we lose it to a flood we're out of here for good anyway. 

PhillyPhreak54

Damn good luck man hopefully your elevation will help keep that surge away.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 03, 2016, 11:06:10 PM
The latest forecast is really bad now.   Ugh - we're going to get smashed by this thing.

about 3% more models brining it over land but still a cat 3...nothing has really changed in the last 12 hrs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Doesn't matter if the center/eye doesn't hit land - which is what the weather people talk about when they talk about hurricanes making landfall.  Matthew will approach close enough to make a major impact

In the case of Matthew, hurricane-force (75+ mph) winds extend about 75+ miles from the center, and tropical storm-force (39-74 mph) about 150 miles.   The storm surge will be significant all along Florida's east coast.

Naples and Fort Myers will possibly see tropical storm conditions Thursday according to the local weather this morning.  For us the big thing will be the rain, as we're already under a flood warning from several days of heavy rains. 

Rome's going to see a lot more than that - probably hurricane conditions Thursday and/or Friday.  This storm is still moving pretty slowly, though it will pick up speed as it goes up the coast.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous