The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I've been told that Energy Saver days aren't implemented on weekends.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

if that's true then it's a change in policy because I know they have been in the past...seems counter intuitive to me...the whole point of them is to implement during the highest usage days
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

ice grillin you

disgusting....even for a swamp which is literally what dc sits on

QuoteIncreasingly over the next several days, a deep plume of tropical moisture will stream towards the D.C. area. This will lead to the summer's most extreme and long-lasting period of humidity so far.

The humid air is beginning to trickle into the region today, but will become more noticeable on Wednesday. By Thursday, Friday, and the weekend, it will be directed at us full blast.

One indicator of atmospheric moisture, known as precipitable water (which is the integrated amount of water in the air from near the jet stream down to the surface), is forecast to be near record levels.

Simulation of precipitable water, a measure of atmospheric moisture, Tuesday through Monday. Reds and purples indicate the most extreme levels, over two inches.

Thursday through Monday, precipitable water levels are forecast to be at least two inches and even 2.5-2.75 inches which is in historic territory. The highest precipitable water level ever measured in Washington was 2.56 inches on Aug 13, 1955. If the precipitable water reaches 2.33 inches, it would rank among the top 10 highest levels on record.

Surface dew points, direct measures of the humidity, are forecast to climb over 70 degrees Wednesday and range from 75-80 degrees at times Friday through the weekend.

ice grillin you

marshes swamps standing water creeks streams...call it what you want...shtein is repug with humidity

PhillyPhreak54

I was excited to leave that shtein behind in Houston for awhile. It was so refreshing when I went outside at PHL. Now it's gonna get swampy up here? shtein

Munson

You were hoping to escape humidity by partaking in a Mid-Atlantic summer visit?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 09, 2016, 11:40:52 PM
I was excited to leave that shtein behind in Houston for awhile. It was so refreshing when I went outside at PHL. Now it's gonna get swampy up here? shtein

it's going to be bad but it won't be nearly as bad near the ocean....DC is the worst in the nation for humidity because of all the standing water under and around it

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 10, 2016, 05:10:19 AM

it's going to be bad but it won't be nearly as bad near the ocean....DC is the worst in the nation for humidity because of all the standing water under and around it

:sly

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 10, 2016, 05:10:19 AM

Yeah this morning it was a little bit humid bc the breeze was coming off the land. The wind switched up a bit and we have a nice seabreeze now.

Houston and Louisiana are like DC...swampy and brutal.

Sitting on the balcony now enjoying the breeze. OCMD is nice but I think I prefer cape may and Rehoboth

phattymatty

For some reason I decided to go to the office today. Got no more than two blocks away and my shirt was see through. Walked back home, sat in my lobby to cool off and call and Uber. Then went back to the crib and haven't had pants on since. It was like walking through a bowl of hot soup.

hbionic

Phatty for life president.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

Hey guys, Louisiana's flooded again.

The man. The myth. The legend.