The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 26, 2016, 10:49:12 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 26, 2016, 10:46:51 AM
Just watched a woman put a chair in a spot she didn't shovel.

Take it and throw it away.

Ought to, but not gonna.  Kids who cleared it don't live here, aren't coming back.  Woman who put it there is fat dumb and black. So is her daughter, who she made put the chair in the spot.  Sure, they shouldn't do that but it don't confront me past the ethics of it, and if I start picking fights with Baltimore residents over ethics, I'm never gonna not fight.  Her lot in life blows, I'll leave her alone to suck on it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

You're emotionally intelligent
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Seabiscuit36

Philly PD wins at getting these people
https://www.facebook.com/phillypolice/videos/vb.16703910909/10153658559110910
#noSavesies

I honestly have no clue how much we ended up with.  I was happier than hell to have a snowblower, as the drifting was ridiculous.  Plowing with the tractor was useless by the time i went out Saturday around noon.  Had 4+ foot drifts across a 15 yard area in the driveway.  And I'll take another big storm in a heartbeat. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

I thought my buddy with a Ford 8N --cool old little tractor--would be fine, but it turns out that tractors aren't so great in snow.  The tires are made for dirt, not snow.  And certainly not snow on tarmac.  It was useless to him for plowing.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Exactly right on snow setups, I have a JD2320 with a bucket loader/Ag Tires/3 pt Rear Plow.  Smaller storms I've been fine depending on the consistency of the snow.  It's all about weight and grip, so I would need Chains or loaded/studded tires.  Knew this storm would be bad when I started getting calls from neighbors 2 days before asking to help them get the big stuff moved. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 26, 2016, 12:26:03 PM
Philly PD wins at getting these people
https://www.facebook.com/phillypolice/videos/vb.16703910909/10153658559110910
#noSavesies

I honestly have no clue how much we ended up with.  I was happier than hell to have a snowblower, as the drifting was ridiculous.  Plowing with the tractor was useless by the time i went out Saturday around noon.  Had 4+ foot drifts across a 15 yard area in the driveway.  And I'll take another big storm in a heartbeat.

http://m.imgur.com/34h1Y5Y

Tulip and Firth in Philly

Brotherly love, baby

smeags

I don't see an issue. :paranoid
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Love when storms are gonna roll in and there's some death clouds along with them

Used to see wild shtein when we lived in Kansas

Geowhizzer

That's pretty much a daily occurrence around here about six months per year.

ice grillin you

sad story...but check out dooks video...it's only for a couple of seconds but check out the few seconds of the video before it goes dark...the power of the tornado just rippibg shtein up is absolutely  terrifying

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/04/06/a-huge-tornado-killed-his-wife-and-destroyed-their-home-he-filmed-the-whole-thing/
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Jesus Christ that is awful.

I think I mentioned this before but when we first moved from PA to Alabama and then Kansas we'd see that shtein all the time. Luckily we never had them get close to the house but some did get close enough where we'd have to hunker down in the closet under the stairs in our Kansas house.

In 1991 when we first moved there my mom took my brother and I out to Wal-Mart. Storm rolled in with a quickness. By the time we got home there was a funnel coming down across the street from the house. It stopped halfway down and never touched down.

shtein your pants scary. Especially as an 11yr old.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 06, 2016, 02:59:16 PM

I think I mentioned this before but when we first moved from PA to Alabama and then Kansas we'd see that shtein all the time. Luckily we never had them get close to the house but some did get close enough where we'd have to hunker down in the closet under the stairs in our Kansas house.

In 1991 when we first moved there my mom took my brother and I out to Wal-Mart. Storm rolled in with a quickness. By the time we got home there was a funnel coming down across the street from the house. It stopped halfway down and never touched down.

This has to be the most hickish post ever on CF

General_Failure

One time Mussa posted about killing chickens with a cinder block, so...

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD on April 06, 2016, 06:25:00 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 06, 2016, 02:59:16 PM

This has to be the most hickish post ever on CF

Not even close.

What's hickish about living in tornado alley?