The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

NBC10 has my area up to 17-23, was 12-18 earlier today.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on January 22, 2016, 03:51:45 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on January 22, 2016, 02:23:13 PM
I have about 4 cases of Bourbon County variants I picked up this season. If that isn't enough I have 200+ bottles of bourbon/rye in the bar to fall back on.

What??  My liquor shelf has one bottle, which I am currently drinking, and when it's gone I replace it.  What's the point in buying 200 bottles of whisky all at once? 

I'll put it another way...I'm not wasting money spent on alcohol.  I buy it I drink it.  I buy it.  I drink it.  When I die, the kids aren't getting a cabinet full of booze, because I farging drank it all.

I mean, apart from the flagrant display of wealth, I don't get it. 

You must jest.
I wrote an answer for you in the booze thread.

Quote from: rjs246 on January 22, 2016, 04:09:16 PM
Hey dudes. Did you hear that it's snowing?

But I wanted RJS to know that it is essential to have a good number of whiskeys available, to pair with the weather. For example, an epic winter blizzard calls for a bold spicy high rye recipe and a cask proof bottle. Something with an edge yet full and satisfying. Try the 2014 Thomas H Handy 129.2 straight rye for this winter storm.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Well, that was fun. Bars were pretty empty but still a good time. Doing it again tomorrow night.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Really starting to blow now.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

There were flurries here today. I'm pretty sure they declared a state of emergency.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

While I wish I was home for this

It is nice to have a mid-50s and sunny day. Just finished washing my truck. It's awesome outside

Diomedes

It's awesome outside here too, but more like the original definition of the word than the valley slang definition that's current.

Still coming down hard, has been all day...can't tell how much we're actually getting but it's a shtein ton.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

We officially got 30.2 in Harrisburg (I live a few miles west, and I'm sure that we got more). The annual average snowfall for Harrisburg is 30.6. So basically we enjoyed all winter in one day.

After a day of snow clearing, we're boozed up and chowing on ibuprofen.

Munson

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on January 24, 2016, 05:30:51 PM
We officially got 30.2 in Harrisburg (I live a few miles west, and I'm sure that we got more). The annual average snowfall for Harrisburg is 30.6. So basically we enjoyed all winter in one day.

After a day of snow clearing, we're boozed up and chowing on ibuprofen.

MDS

got somewhere around 22 inches

smartly shoveled the bulk of my car out on saturday. didnt have too much to do today. now its parked under 95. side streets, as usual werent done. numbered streets barely done. east-west streets, which i live on, in decent shape. a ton of cars are beyond snowed in...i would not want to go to work on getting those out.

4th biggest in city history
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Completely farging done with this farging snow.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I'd welcome another foot.