Season over.

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, November 15, 2005, 12:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Holder - seems to be a premium on this team.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

methdeez

Quote from: Reidme on November 15, 2005, 04:50:15 PM
Quote from: WEST is GOD on November 15, 2005, 04:33:57 PMThe Giants beating us on sunday is the best thing for this team. It may take a while for you to see things my way, but if we miss the playoffs 4-12 is no worse than 7-9. If you're out, you're out.

You're wrong. I myself have a few tickets left for this year, and I wanna see a good game and a good effort ... by the whole team. I didn't see that last night, I saw some guys laying it all out and a few going braindead. That is not satisfying. This is my team, and I wanna see them win. Hypothetically, if they tanked or fell apart, and grab a top 5 pick, and draft a Ryan Leaf, how does that help me as a paying fan? Worse yet, they draft the next Joe Montana, and I get run over buy a bus in the offseason.

This is about today. Its about entertainment and distraction in an all too short lifetime. It is about loyalty. It is about effort. It is about winning. It is about unity and community. If you don't get it, you just don't get it. But if you really want them to lose so bad that you would root against them, just to put a high round draft pick in the hands of the current owner/caretaker, go right ahead. I prefer to try and get something worth watching now out of a team that I make such an emotional investment in. You may have a deal that promises you tomorrow, in that case I see your point. I don't have that deal, so I'll take a nice wildcard run and hope for a miracle. That would make me happier than watching players like Dawk and Trotter waste their few remainig years of play tring to move up in the draft. I'm silly like that.

Besides, high-round draft picks are no more likely to be talented and useful to a team than later draft picks. It has been shown again and again. They do however, always use more cap.

WEST is GOD

After my anger of the loss wore off I decided I'm not giving up. Eagles will still win the SB.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

General_Failure

Your dealer must love you man.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eaglez

I'd rather wait to draft some O-linemen later on in the draft. I don't think our O-line is in that bad of shape and they are all pretty much returning next year. I think they showed they could move a decent front 7 in the run game last week, they just need to get in the appropriate rhythm out there. Are there any big play DE's or pass rushing OLB's in this draft? I haven't been keeping up with collegiate talent.

I'd probably go with an OLB just because I'm willing to give McDougle another chance. It was really unfortunate what happened to him this offseason. It was simply shtein luck.