A thread to talk about poker

Started by rjs246, November 03, 2005, 10:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwert246

Kido Pham is one lucky bastich.
Blinds were 1000/2000 and he raises 7000 in middle position with 2H 6H.
Fine.
Pocket Queens makes the call.
The flop comes 10D JH 4H.
Pham checks, the Queens bets 20K.
Pham check-raises to 60K
The Queens goes all-in.
And Pham calls.  WTF
Lucky bastich gets a flush on the river

He's on a flush draw, and a lousy one at that.  One of the worst plays I've ever seen watching poker on TV.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's not a bad play at all in many situations.

qwert246

Quote from: FFatPatt on October 05, 2006, 11:51:26 AM
That's not a bad play at all in many situations.
They weren't that far apart in stack size.

PoopyfaceMcGee

He was a 2 to 1 dog (at worst) after the flop if he assumed he was up against a big pair.  He made a play to put the pot odds in his favor to hit and he hit.  It's an aggressive play, but every good player has to mix it up and make plays like that to keep the other players honest.

qwert246

Quote from: FFatPatt on October 05, 2006, 12:05:13 PM
He was a 2 to 1 dog (at worst) after the flop if he assumed he was up against a big pair.  He made a play to put the pot odds in his favor to hit and he hit.  It's an aggressive play, but every good player has to mix it up and make plays like that to keep the other players honest.
He wasn't getting good pot odds.  and he was risking most of his chips.

qwert246

If you see yourself as a 2:1 dog, you need more than 2:1 in the pot for it to make sense.

There was like 180000 in the pot.  He's like 35% to make his hand.  I think he can only bet like close to 100K for this to make sense.  That's my understanding anyway.

phattymatty

QuoteDear Matthew,

Due to the recent passing of the Unlawful Gambling Enforcement Act by the United States Senate on September 30, 2006, and its imminent enactment as federal law, we will no longer allow real money gaming activities from United States residents.

We regret to inform you that, consequently, we are closing your gaming account at Titan Poker.

Your balance is available to you. You may access your account and request the withdrawal of such balance, subject to any conditions that might apply, including bonuses received.

We appreciate your patronage, and apologize for any inconvenience caused. We hope to be able to offer to you our services again in the future.

Robin Steele
Manager
Titan Poker

effed up.

Father Demon

Quote from: phattymatty on October 05, 2006, 05:30:34 PM
QuoteDear Matthew,

Due to the recent passing of the Unlawful Gambling Enforcement Act by the United States Senate on September 30, 2006, and its imminent enactment as federal law, we will no longer allow real money gaming activities from United States residents.

We regret to inform you that, consequently, we are closing your gaming account at Titan Poker.

Your balance is available to you. You may access your account and request the withdrawal of such balance, subject to any conditions that might apply, including bonuses received.

We appreciate your patronage, and apologize for any inconvenience caused. We hope to be able to offer to you our services again in the future.

Robin Steele
Manager
Titan Poker

effed up.

Totally.
Effed.
Up.

This time, Big Brother has gone too far.   

WHO'S WITH ME??!!??!!??!!??!!
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Munson

Bush signed that into law already?

And as far as I know, Bodog's still allowing deposits....I'm not sure though, I havn't deposited since monday.

But thier transactions show up as "Middleton Financial" on bank statements....so maybe they're just hiding behind a fake name to allow US players to play?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

I haven't deposited money into my online account since this whole fiasco started. Thank god the government is once again stepping in and saving me from myself. I would be lost without their guidance.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

I don't give it too much time before there are US online poker sites taxing the winnings and what not. ::) >:(

RJS, you could have deposited, you won't lose the money, you just wouldn't be able to add anymore to it.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Yeah I know, but I don't play online enough to even worry about it.

Oh and that whole taxation thing? Don't hold your breath. They could be taxing marijuana and other drugs as well if they wanted, but instead they have made a moral issue out of it to get the masses all riled up. I love our government.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

True, but like smoking, they (would) make a hell of a profit off of it. That's why smoking will never be banned completely...

And do you honestly believe the US Government doesn't have its hands on drugs, like pot, here and around the world?  :deion

General_Failure

There's still a handful of people alive on the medical marijuana plan, I think.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Wingspan

anyone who was for the smoking ban, and against this is a flaming hypocrit and despite what you type here, you know it.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.