Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Tomahawk

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

I just saw that it's a 5-pack for $10.00.

I'll get the 5-pack if anyone else wants one. The first 4 people to request one will get one from me free. Actually, it will cost me postage. But it's for a good cause.

Let me know.

Seabiscuit36

Can anyone explain how a Mass Ban of guns would work?  I don't see where the government has the funds available to fund a program. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on December 17, 2012, 04:09:09 PM
Can anyone explain how a Mass Ban of guns would work?  I don't see where the government has the funds available to fund a program.
I don't think it would...there's too many of htem
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on December 17, 2012, 04:09:09 PM

Perhaps they front the cash for the buy-back program and then think they save that over years from not paying out medical bills and other associated expenses that are now incurred by the sheer amount of gun violence

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

hbionic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

And only stupid idealist hippies are talking about a nationwide ban on guns. It could never happen and would never happen. An actual adult conversation about gun ownership and this country's obsession with all things auto- and semi-automatic would be a welcome place to start, though. Maybe concentrate on educating the population in all parts of the country so that guns aren't the focus of their sense of personhood and entitlement and freedom. And maybe some funding for education, diagnosis and treatment of mental health issues? And maybe some actual stringent enforcement of existing gun laws? And maybe, hey, stop doing things like spying on our own citizens and overtly courting 'oppressive government' paranoia?

I mean, I'm as pro-gun as a liberal can be, and my reasons for it are totally libertarian and arguably insane, but we have serious societal issues that make our gun obsession incredibly dangerous. I'm not talking about video games and hollywood. I'm talking about a lack of education. A lack of community. And a total disregard for people who have trouble functioning in normal society. Isolation can farg with your head, especially when you're already on the verge of crazy.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2249185/Nancy-Lanza-Did-paranoid-gun-crazed-mother-trigger-Sandy-Hook-Connecticut-killing-spree.html

QuoteFriends and family portrayed Adam Lanza's mother Nancy as a paranoid 'survivalist' who believed the world was on the verge of violent, economic collapse.

She is reported to have been struggling to hold herself together and had been stockpiling food, water and guns in the large home she shared with her 20-year-old son in Connecticut.

Mrs Lanza, 52, was a 'prepper' – so called because they are preparing for a breakdown in civilised society – who apparently became obsessed with guns

Dude put four bullets in her head.

on a side note - the Daily Mail seems to always have pretty in-depth USA coverage despite being a British joint

PhillyPhreak54

Oh another thing - as an American I fully support our right to free speech. Regardless of how ignorant or stupid one may sound they have every right to say it.

With that being said freedom of speech does not shield one from showing how ignorant or obtuse a person may be. I am about tired of the "if teachers carried guns..." folks. These dopes are showing ignorance thinking that because a teacher or teachers are armed that no one would be harmed or killed.

If a teacher is walking around with a shoulder or belt holster with a Glock .40 cal what does that say about our country that even a goddamn school cannot be free of violence or the appearance of violence? All in the name of our right to bear arms? So these wacko's really want their sons and daughters in school with teachers carrying? They believe that said teacher, while standing up giving a lesson, sees a murderer enter the classroom and their reactionary thought processes immediately switch from the ABC's to how they have to draw down and eliminate a person?

Police and military personnel are trained for this and they are adequately conditioned and prepped to enter and engage in such situations. A teacher is not nor should they be.

It is sick and twisted to think teachers should be armed so these people can avoid gun rights being taken away.

I would love to hear these defenders of such ridiculousness explain how they think Ms. Teacher is going to cap the guy(s) in the minimum amount of shots necessary and accurately enough to avoid the offender getting any shots off. What about ricochet's? What about inaccurate shooting accidentally hitting a student?

Imagine the news if a teacher shot one or two kids while trying to defend the classroom? Imagine the news if a crazed older student overpowered a frail old teacher and used the weapon to kill the teacher and others?

Come on, America - smarten the farg up