The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

what are they called??

if i knew i was gonna get kent stated by a bunch of middle americans i would have googled the proper name
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 15, 2012, 02:11:16 AM
what are they called??

if i knew i was gonna get kent stated by a bunch of middle americans i would have Bing'd the proper name

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 15, 2012, 02:11:16 AM
what are they called??

if i knew i was gonna get kent stated by a bunch of middle americans i would have googled the proper name

i have no clue.  just thought your reaction was amusing.  it's good to know all it takes these days to be labeled MA is saying you're old, or, they're talking about video games.  thin fuse these days

General_Failure

Like his thinning hair. Because he's old.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

These last few pages have been outstanding, especially Matt's (least surprising ever) revelation that he built bombs as a kid.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: phattymatty on December 14, 2012, 10:20:50 PM
wow i was pretty unplugged today and out with friends so am just reading about this in the last half hour.

awful. it also seems to be the most annoying day in facebook history.
So True. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

This is a story about Marisa Miller having a kid.  Note the last paragraph...

WWTDD, ladies & gents.

ice grillin you

actually went to applebee's website and they have onion RINGS now...i thought their claim to fame was those little onion johnsons and all of MA adored them them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

phattymatty

i was actually supposed to be in birmingham for a meeting yesterday and it got postponed like a week ago. maybe cnn will call me.

i watched the news for like 15 minutes this morning and the only interviews i saw about the CT shootings were with columbine survivors and some teacher who has off on fridays and wasn't even there.

hbionic

That's because everyone else was shot.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

Medical examiner confirms that the main weapon used in the killing was the rifle
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

I'm amused in a cant look away at the car wreck way at the news coverage now. They're interviewing anyone they can get a hold of and bringing in experts to yap about dumb shtein

Too many news stations on the ground there.

Tomahawk

Quote from: phattymatty on December 14, 2012, 10:20:50 PMawful. it also seems to be the most annoying day in facebook history.

QuoteThey'll say it's a problem with guns.
They'll say it's a problem with crime.
They'll say it's a problem with schools.
They'll say it's a problem with parenting.
They'll come up with so many people, things, organizations, rules, laws, and policies to blame for what happened today at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
Personally, I believe there is only one to blame for this: the empty human heart. The one to blame is a life lived without meaning, without purpose, without moral absolutes... without a Savior.
I don't mean to offend, but my heart is breaking. We live in a world where it is more socially acceptable to ignore God or deny His existence rather than acknowledge Him, and then we are surprised when we see evil committed. Yes, evil. That's what people will call it, and that's exactly what it is. I doubt many would argue against that.
But how can we define evil if not by comparison to it's opposite: justice, holiness, and love – three major attributes of God? We readily and quickly recognize evil for what it is, so why do we not recognize God for who He is just as easily? Why would we *choose* to live a life where evil is prevalent and effects us every day (as it seems to do)? Why would we choose that, yet turn away from the One who offers love and justice, and wants to *save* us from evil? That seems backwards, doesn't it? We choose darkness and mistakenly see it as freedom, when in reality, freedom only comes through perfect truth, which can only come by a perfect being.

John 3:19 = "And the judgment is based on this fact: God's light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil."

The actions today were most certainly, evil. But you can choose The Light.
Like ·  · Share · 25,6202,1734,352 · Yesterday at 2:14pm ·

If I believed in god, I'd blame it