The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Good time to remember with all the arguments about what's "constitutional" that all laws are made up as are how the scotus interpretes the amendments. Listening to right wing "strict constitutionalists" yammer on about how you'd need a brand new amendment to do ____ is annoying AF.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

This literal shtein for brains was actually President

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1530311024103985152 21&t=PKKG46dGpoDBccZB8mwnDQ

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

That's farging despicable

Ironic it's an nra convention but they're not allowed to bring their guns in the arena.

I hope they all die slow farging deaths

Rome

So it turns out the cowards went in to pull their own kids out and left the others to die in terror. 

But Back The Blue, though. 

Also - 40% of the town's budget goes to the PD.  So 4 out of every 10 bucks the parents paid in taxes went to guys who stood by while their babies were slaughtered. 

Yeah, what is is Ice Cube said?  Something like farg THE POLICE?

SD

Quote from: Rome on May 28, 2022, 06:38:40 AM
So it turns out the cowards went in to pull their own kids out and left the others to die in terror. 

But Back The Blue, though. 

Also - 40% of the town's budget goes to the PD.  So 4 out of every 10 bucks the parents paid in taxes went to guys who stood by while their babies were slaughtered. 

Yeah, what is is Ice Cube said?  Something like farg THE POLICE?

Kids who were still alive 30-40 minutes in at the time called whispering please send police officers while those farging cowards stood outside for an hour. There were 3 police on scene within 2 minutes. Every one of them, the gop and the nra can rot in farging hell.

Diomedes

This story is super emotional and hard to think about....one pretty emotional thing I keep returning to is:  what would I do if this were my kids?  If I'm suddenly not a Dad anymore?  And the guy who did it is dead.  There will be no justice.  And clearly, my government won't do anything about it.  I've no longer got anything to live for....why don't I spend a few years figuring out a way to make someone pay, someone like the NRA, or the death cult gun nut GOP?  I'm a smart enough guy, capable enough, with time and a burning coal of hatred, I could leave a whole bunch of dead Republicans if I wanted to.  But hundreds of parents have been in that position...and none of them, not one, has blown up the NRA headquarters.  Why not?  Why do people keep taking this and doing nothing about it?  How long can it continue before some grieved parent, or surviving sibling, decides farg it...if you can't beat them, join them, and strike back?

(I'm talking from emotion here, Mr. FBI, so if you gotta call me when you read this, fine, it's your job....but you didn't call this punk when he was posting actual threats, so if you call, I'm gonna heap a ration of shtein on you for utterly failing us.)
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I'm pretty sure those parents immediately go on a watch list just to prevent that exact thing.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

The budget for that effort must be huge and growing, and begs the question:  They've got the will and capacity to turn the surviving victims of violence into subjects for surveillance and monitoring, but not the perpetrators, who are busily announcing their plans to the public?

Hmmm....maybe the all cops are bastiches crowd has the right of it?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

They called in outside popo for protection already.   

I saw a tweet where someone was blubbering go over the possibility that the cowards might start killing themselves and OMG how sad that would be. 

If they had an ounce of integrity they would have already eaten their guns.  But nope.  Poor misunderstood cops.  Boo hoo.

Rome

They called in outside popo for protection already.   

I saw a tweet where someone was blubbering over the possibility that the cowards might start killing themselves and OMG how sad that would be. 

If they had an ounce of integrity they would have already eaten their guns.  But nope.  Poor misunderstood cops.  Boo hoo.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on May 28, 2022, 11:28:18 AM
This story is super emotional and hard to think about....one pretty emotional thing I keep returning to is:  what would I do if this were my kids?  If I'm suddenly not a Dad anymore?  And the guy who did it is dead.  There will be no justice.  And clearly, my government won't do anything about it.  I've no longer got anything to live for....why don't I spend a few years figuring out a way to make someone pay, someone like the NRA, or the death cult gun nut GOP?  I'm a smart enough guy, capable enough, with time and a burning coal of hatred, I could leave a whole bunch of dead Republicans if I wanted to.  But hundreds of parents have been in that position...and none of them, not one, has blown up the NRA headquarters.  Why not?  Why do people keep taking this and doing nothing about it?  How long can it continue before some grieved parent, or surviving sibling, decides farg it...if you can't beat them, join them, and strike back?

(I'm talking from emotion here, Mr. FBI, so if you gotta call me when you read this, fine, it's your job....but you didn't call this punk when he was posting actual threats, so if you call, I'm gonna heap a ration of shtein on you for utterly failing us.)

Yep. I've wondered that myself - why we haven't seen any rogue or even organized actions against those who empower the gun nuts. The grief one has to feel from losing a child in this manner is unconscionable. And when it happens those parents and family members have to endure people like Cruz, Patrick, Abbott and their ilk simply giving lip service, thoughts and prayers and things that will not help.

I've been reading a lot about this and each day it gets worse for the Uvalde police. And each day that passes a GOP pol steps deeper into shtein with some ridiculous comparisons. That dumbass Boebert said "after 9/11 we didn't ban planes".

Every talking point from previous shootings has been (even though we knew it before) has been proven wrong or shown to simply be lip service

Good guy with a gun - wrong
How many good guys with guns were there?

Back the blue - wrong
How farged was the Uvalde PD's response? I mean they farging restrained parents while a lunatic was murdering children nearby. We can throw the DPS into the mix here too and the Texas Rangers. At some point someone from a state agency has to usurp the locals. One of the agencies even had the balls to say something along the lines of "well we didn't want any officers to get shot"

Police forces need military equipment - wrong
All those weapons and vehicles and whatnot and they didn't have the courage to confront the shooter.

Defunding law enforcement - wrong
40% of the city's budget goes to the PD

Mental health problem - true but...
Abbott slashed the states budget on that by $211m. And if you guys didn't hear Beto say it the Harris County Jail here is the states biggest mental health facility. That's farged.

Everything about this is sickening. I can't stop thinking about the timelines being released; the children repeatedly calling 911 and asking for help and the cops were right outside. The little girl who had to play dead by smearing her friends blood on herself? JFC.

And you know what? Not a farging thing is going to change. Not one.

MDS

why not just assassinate republican senators...like if youre gonna go out take ted cruz with you
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Elevates him too much.  He doesn't deserve assassination. 

I mean Christ, they've turned that ranting idiot nobody who got herself killed on Jan 6 into Mother Theresa.  You'd hate to see what they'd do with a murdered Cruz or Tucker...as nice as it would be to be rid of them...

Diomedes