We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Wasn't the whole point of the navy ship so that things like that could go there instead?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

It was the initial plan.  I haven't followed closely but it strikes me as a rotten idea.  No way that ship stays virus free.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

If the White House is going to tell Americans to wear face masks/coverings ...  does that mean Trump will start wearing one at his daily look--at-me shows?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Will Hannity and Rush wear them when they bury themselves up his ass?

As for the navy ship; that's going to handle non COVID patients. I like that plan better honestly.

So my shipping managers wife did test positive. And they're making us come back to work tomorrow. They're cleaning the building tonight they said. But all normal office staff must report and if we are uncomfortable with that then we have to use PTO.

Never mind that we can work remotely. And have been for the last several days. And the Texas Governor said in his EO yesterday that all essential people who must work if they can do the job via teleworking then it should be done. And yet here we are.

Makes no sense to me. Five of us now have to go in tomorrow.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 02, 2020, 07:01:01 PM
As for the navy ship; that's going to handle non COVID patients. I like that plan better honestly.

I get that it's not for treating COVID patients, but it's ridiculous to think the ship won't be infected. 

SD

First week I was on the Reagan I had a 103 degree fever, was throwing up, dizzy, headaches etc. Sick as shtein. Come to find out a bunch of people were experiencing the same thing. You put 5000 people into a metal ship that's what happens. Navy ships are worse at spreading germs than even cruise ships. You share open berthings (individual rooms are only for officers and they share one room) and bathrooms. Air flow is controlled in case there's a fire, flooding or CBR attack. I was stationed aboard the Mercy (Comforts sister ship), it's more like a floating hospital than a battle ready ship but you're still sharing everything and in extremely close quarters. FTS.

Rome

The horses asses where I live *finally* decided to close the beaches starting tonight at midnight.  You know, when everyone is down there getting moontans. 

Seriously, if you tried to find a more backwards & farged-up response, you'd fail hard. 

General_Failure

You'll find some cousin farger down there fightin' for their Freedoms.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28988496/tony-boselli-recalls-hospital-stay-want-die-here

Thrilling story of an extremely wealthy white guy getting immediate testing, top notch treatment and surviving. 

See?  No big deal if you're just like that guy.

Munson

Quote from: AO1 on April 02, 2020, 08:10:21 PM
First week I was on the Reagan I had a 103 degree fever, was throwing up, dizzy, headaches etc. Sick as shtein. Come to find out a bunch of people were experiencing the same thing. You put 5000 people into a metal ship that's what happens. Navy ships are worse at spreading germs than even cruise ships. You share open berthings (individual rooms are only for officers and they share one room) and bathrooms. Air flow is controlled in case there's a fire, flooding or CBR attack. I was stationed aboard the Mercy (Comforts sister ship), it's more like a floating hospital than a battle ready ship but you're still sharing everything and in extremely close quarters. FTS.

Might be a dumb question.....Would it be possible to use tents and such to set up field hospitals on aircraft carriers? Obviously outdoor hospitals aren't ideal but, as the weather gets nicer...
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Carriers have a huge medical facility and a designated area for mass casualties. The hangar bay and flight deck would be the alternates. Tents can go up pretty fast (the poles hook into the deck so they're sturdy as hell), I've set them up a million times. When we were in Vancouver they wanted to put on a show for their ambassador so I got tasked with leading the set up and drills. We had MOPP gear, wash down stations, stretchers, tents with beds etc. set up in a few hours.

Munson

Quote from: AO1 on April 02, 2020, 11:04:17 PM
Carriers have a huge medical facility and a designated area for mass casualties. The hangar bay and flight deck would be the alternates. Tents can go up pretty fast (the poles hook into the deck so they're sturdy as hell), I've set them up a million times. When we were in Vancouver they wanted to put on a show for their ambassador so I got tasked with leading the set up and drills. We had MOPP gear, wash down stations, stretchers, tents with beds etc. set up in a few hours.

Interesting. Seems like something that could maybe be done for coastal states getting hit hard, hopefully.

I know our state has a bunch of places they might set up emergency hospitals but they haven't done it yet which is dumb IMO.

Diomedes

this is a special kind of torture

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54