We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: hunt on March 17, 2020, 01:49:39 PM
Quote from: Munson on March 17, 2020, 12:17:33 PM
Sounds like the Repubs have caved on trying payroll tax cuts according to this press conference. We're gonna be getting straight cash, homie

trump stimulus checks will be sent to fox news viewers only.

It does suck that he's gonna get credit for a progressive idea and his total botch job of the testing/not taking it seriously will be forgotten by November.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Early reports are WH is proposing $250 Billion in a "first round of checks" which averages out to $700 to each individual. It won't be spread that way though so maybe $1000 per?

Senate Dems starting to coalesce around a more generous longer term thing:

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/status/1239981577813331968
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

This farging blows. Hate not having access to the gym. Pumped out 100 pushups (not all at once) then took my dog for a 4 mile walk. Parks are closed for some dumb reason. I understand closing the picnic areas down but for people like me who hike it sucks and is pointless. Drove by Target and it's a farging zoo. Stopped in Wawa to get food for my daughter and the ignorant lady at the counter is complaining to the cashier because they ran out of the water she likes.

Whining intensifies

MDS

i live across the street from a small park and kids are out on the swingset all day

im at the point where we should just go about our lives normally, the weak will die and will have some needed population control...we cant live in prison anymore. lets just farg it who cares really

if i go i go
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Kevin Durant got the CODIV

SD

Quote from: MDS on March 17, 2020, 05:43:47 PM
i live across the street from a small park and kids are out on the swingset all day

im at the point where we should just go about our lives normally, the weak will die and will have some needed population control...we cant live in prison anymore. lets just farg it who cares really

if i go i go

I'm talking about state parks

I'm with you farg it kill me I had a good run

Geowhizzer

Florida students now out of the buildings until April 15.  All standardized testing cancelled for the school year.

Online classes are being planned by individual districts.

Geowhizzer

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 17, 2020, 06:21:38 PM
Florida students now out of the buildings until April 15.  All standardized testing cancelled for the school year.

Online classes are being planned by individual districts.

My daughters school sent optional school work...it's through google classroom. She's an honor roll student...lives with me 100% of the time. All homework/projects/tests etc. are done under my supervision. So Baby's momma - who's never once assisted my daughter in doing her school work or bothered to attend a parent teacher conference - texts me today telling me I need to make sure my daughter is doing a few hours of school work a day. I didn't bother responding.

Diomedes

The kids aren't going back this year at all, book it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Also, I get y'alls frustration, and it's easy to say if it kills you, oh well...when you both know damn well that you're at very low risk of serious illness or death yourselves.  It's boomers.  Grandparents of our kids.  People with diabetes, heart conditions, recovering from cancer, etc.

If you going out put only you at risk and you decide to take that chance...fine with me.  But that's not the case.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

i was mostly kidding about all that

im just wondering how long this is supposed to last for realistically. south korea got under the curve by testing testing testing. we are not testing. we have an illiterate moron president. 8 weeks of some half assed quarantine isnt going to do shtein. i am social distancing but still venturing out to bike or walk to get some air. i see groups of people. i see buses taking people sitting next to each other. i saw a mailman not wearing gloves.

we either need to go full lockdown where nobody leaves unless you need medical care or are essential personnel....or just resume life and let this weed out the weak and the old
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on March 17, 2020, 07:27:14 PM
i was mostly kidding about all that

I know.  Not sure about SD.

We have to keep it up long enough for the hospitals to handle a steady intake of patients for the next year to 18 months, when we should have a vaccine....

We have to keep it up a  very long time or your buddy with sickle cell, your aunt with the diabetes, your friend who just finished chemo....etc...are goners.

MDS

id being willing to lose all them if it takes out trump

General_Failure

I'd honestly expect death numbers to start jumping real high by next week. We're barely prepared for everyday medical needs, this is going to get super ugly.

The man. The myth. The legend.