The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

I dunno if the team is just irrevocably broken with its construction or BB is just not good, but it's time to find out if it's the latter.  I suspect it's just the team composition but you need to pull the plug on Brett, as much as I like him.

ice grillin you

BB is fine...not a HOF coach or anything but easily good enough to win a championship...the construction of the roster is the problem...the lack of talent and athleticism at the guard/wing positions is appalling...elton brand was a tragic hire at the time and is even worse now

that said ill repeat...warren had 16 in the 1q and 29 at half and matisse played 11 minutes...thats inexcusable on BB part
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 01, 2020, 10:07:44 PM
BB is fine...

...warren had 16 in the 1q and 29 at half and matisse played 11 minutes...thats inexcusable on BB part

he's not fine.  he thinks starting shake and bringing al off the bench is a career saving move. I thought they should have started the year with a new coach and this season is so dumb anyway, just get rid of him now and start the fake playoffs with someone new, who cares.

but you're also not wrong the construction is dumb as farg too - both things are correct.

ice grillin you

BB is maybe 5% of the problem....elton is 80 and the owner is 15

PhillyPhreak54

Brett is going to have to go.

I'm sick of the goddamn hype about how Ben is gonna shoot more. And then he doesn't.

ice grillin you

i dont have any problem with a change but i got a little secret for you....a new coach isnt going to teach ben how to shoot

phattymatty

makes no farging sense.  dude is probably a better shooter than half of the players who jack up 6 threes a game.  same thing has happened every preseason, all these slick videos of his nailing 5 in a row, first game he takes a few, then nothing.

I was so jacked watching him sit in the corner last week, and guys were looking for him.  why change it all up for the "real" games.

him going 0-4 every game is still better for the team than taking none. a good coach should be able to make sure that happens.

Brett seems like a great guy but it's time for an X's and O's guy and not a players coach.

ice grillin you

forget threes he cant make a shot from ten feet...something like 85% of every basket hes ever made in the nba is from inside four feet...he made ONE three pointer in college

he cant shoot he wont shoot....shtein he can barely shoot 60% from the line

this is from brett brown last year after trying to get him to shoot since he came into the league:

This is what I want, OK — you can pass this along to his agent, his family and his friends and to him — I want a three-point shot a game, minimum. The pull-up twos, I'm fine with whenever he's open but I'm interested in the three-point shot. And the mentality that he has where he's turning corners and taking that long step, that gather step and bringing his shoulders to the rim and trying to dunk or finish tight, will equal higher efficiency or getting fouled. That's the world that interests me the most — those two things.

hes not gonna do it...not because hes insubordinate but because he knows he cant and is embarrassed by it...im fine with BB criticism but its laughable to blame him for not being able to get a grown ass man to shoot threes...he can only tell him to do it...i suppose he could bench him but that just isnt a realistic scenario

MDS

al horford was a -26 in 23 minutes

not sure how that efficiency rating comes out but pretty sure its farging terrible
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Horford is a bum

And I know Brett can't make Ben alter his ridiculous shot selection but maybe someone else can.

Next time someone pimps a practice vid of him shooting beyond the elbow they deserve a kick in the balls

ice grillin you

wait you think Ben wants to start jacking  up threes but is waiting for the right person to ask him to do it?

General_Failure

Save your threes for marriage, kids.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 02, 2020, 09:57:33 PM
wait you think Ben wants to start jacking  up threes but is waiting for the right person to ask him to do it?

At this point I'm willing to try anything for that fool to shoot the ball. You've got bums in the league who haven't ever met a shot they don't like and this guy won't shoot beyond 10'

PhillyPhreak54

Sixers laying 7 tonight makes no sense.

Geowhizzer

Shake at least resembling an NBA player tonight.