Ex-Eagles In The NFL

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 03, 2017, 09:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Diomedes

Howie f'n skates out of JJAW by turning him into an extra 6th round pick... 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

They have had so many bad receivers but in retrospect I can't think of an Eagles WR who demonstrated as little upside as JJAW. I mean outside of obvious camp bodies, late-round flyers, cooked vets who were picked up in case they had anything left in the tank, and mid-December injury fill-ins. Can't fault his effort but he just isn't an NFL wide receiver.

Everyone else we've bitched about over the years has at least flashed something or had a big moment. I think Billy McMullen had more touches than this guy.

PhillyPhreak54

Jack Anderson claimed by the Giants
Josh Blackwell claimed by the Bears

Diomedes

So in the past couple days, Howie has moved on from a couple draft mistakes by sending JJAW to sit in the same WR room as DK Metcalk, and now has sent Reagor to sit with Jefferson in Minnesota.

He managed to claw back the following compensation for dumping these two busts:

Turned a 2024 7th round pick into a 2024 6th round pick (JJAW)
Gained  a 2023 7th-round pick  (Reagor)
Gained a 2024 conditional 4th/5th round pick (Reagor)
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

They essentially got Chauncey Gardner Johnson for free

Rome

Howie has naked pix of every other GM in the league.

Change my mind.

SD

Quote from: Rome on August 31, 2022, 03:37:14 PM
Howie has naked pix of every other GM in the league.

Change my mind.

He is a master at pick management and above average with player trades...too bad he sucks at the most important part of his job which is drafting players

PhillyPhreak54

I figured this would happen

Peters is visiting Dallas

Talk about not knowing when to retire.

And this would tarnish his legacy here to me

SD

Not quite as bad as when Randall played there but it's close. Peters is a hofer

Eagaholic

I hope he does sign with dallas

Diomedes

It would not diminish my opinion of him one bit.  If he can get someone to give him another check, good for him.

General_Failure

No one's going to remember a stupid number of sad, broken down seasons when it finally comes time to vote him in, might as well get one more paycheck while he feels up to it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Dennis Kelly was briefly cut in order to be re-signed after another player was moved to IR.  He was drafted in the fifth round in '12....which is 10 years ago if you're keeping track.

QB Eagles

Fun stat. Hopefully the tradition of dumping corny, toxic, washed QBs on Washington will continue far into the future.

https://twitter.com/jeffkerrcbs/status/1567854552342269953 21&t=Tim3HDgvL9qZgvHhvmNwXg