Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

See what I mean: "sorry asses," and "bums."  I just don't get what upsets you guys so much about these folks.

Or what's ironic about my position.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Dillen

Quote from: Diomedes on November 18, 2006, 10:26:54 AM
Quote from: Billy Beane on November 17, 2006, 10:30:42 PMI think its funny that people with thousands of posts on an internet message board are calling people who are making a couple thousand dollars for sitting around losers.
me too.
Whoever is selling them is doing the smart thing.

The guy who is paying 9k for a VIDEO GAME SYSTEM isn't going to make much profit selling it. He's paying 9k for something that will go down to $400 or $500 soon, while the first ones are probably defective anyways.

Geowhizzer

Dio, you damned capitalist.  ;)

Actually, I agree with our resident iconoclast here.  It's their time, it's their money to use as they see fit.  And I'm sure that I do things with my time and money that others would find strange, such as standing in line for two hours and having to get autograph of various redneck fishing guys in order to get a Jevon Kearse autograph.

I still laugh at them, but I could see myself doing much the same thing in college 5 10 15 years ago.  :paranoid

SunMo

Quote from: Diomedes on November 18, 2006, 11:29:38 AM
No, I don't know that.  Neither do you.

you're right, a bunch of millionaires waiting in line there.

for whatever reason, you've decided to defend these people, when they're not even really being attacked.  i know if fills your self-inflicted role of contrarian, but honestly, you aren't even selling it well at this point.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Quote from: King Cole on November 18, 2006, 12:29:11 AM
Blah, blah, blah... I don't know what the farg I'm talking about... blah, blah, blah.

Keep making sweeping statements about people you don't know a damn thing about.

You don't know any of these people's situations.  All you did is hear one guy say he quit his job and assumed everyone in line did the same thing.

Personally, I could have easily made arrangements to find the time to go out there and camp out for one of those things... would take little more than 1 vacation day... and I've got plenty of shtein to deal with.  I chose not to though.  But if I had... you calling me a loser because I have no other obligations would be 100% wrong.  On the other hand, me calling you an uninformed, judgemental fool based on your statement would be 100% on... the... money.

Besides that, I was talking about the people buying them to sell them for 3 or 4 times what they were worth... and if you can't see that those people found a way to make some quick, easy money... then you're even more dense than I thought.  Like I said earlier... I guarantee that you even with all your "obligations and priorities" that supposedly separates you from these "losers" don't have a way to $1500 - $2000 in three days.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

The BIGSTUD

No one is paying over 5k for a PS3. The ones that go over 5k are angry PS3 fans that couldn't get one. They are pissed the opportunists are getting them and selling them, and the PS3 fanboys are making dummy accounts and jacking the prices up, some over 10k even, then not paying.

People do the same thing when opportunists go on ebay and sell stuff after someone's death like with Tillman.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

The BIGSTUD

They are doing it with the Wii too, and already did it with a 360 an ipod and a PSP.

I love these guys.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mussa

Yea Bunkley, angry PS3 fans are paying the most for this system. That is the most logical explaination.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

The BIGSTUD

They aren't paying. They are jacking up the price and not paying to get back at the opportunists who are buying it just to sell it. The gamers are angry that the systems aren't going to people who actually want to play it.

This isn't a theory, go browse the gaming boards. This happens all the time. It happened with the 360 last year. That is why you see some PS3 systems going for 20k. No one is going to pay that, obviously. The same thing after Tillman died, you saw his baseball cards going for over 100k. People were just jacking up the prices then not paying to get back at the opportunists.

Up to about 5k I'd say the winning bidders are legit. Once you go over it's the angry gamers with dummy accounts.

Wingspan

Quote from: King Cole on November 18, 2006, 07:36:43 PM
They aren't paying. They are jacking up the price and not paying to get back at the opportunists who are buying it just to sell it. The gamers are angry that the systems aren't going to people who actually want to play it.

This isn't a theory, go browse the gaming boards. This happens all the time. It happened with the 360 last year. That is why you see some PS3 systems going for 20k. No one is going to pay that, obviously. The same thing after Tillman died, you saw his baseball cards going for over 100k. People were just jacking up the prices then not paying to get back at the opportunists.

Up to about 5k I'd say the winning bidders are legit. Once you go over it's the angry gamers with dummy accounts.

considering you didnt post from 11/14 until today. i would bet anything you are one of those jilted best buy campers.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

The BIGSTUD

Didn't get my hands on one unfortunately. I actually had a plan where I'd pay a few friends to wait outside for one day each from tuesday and I'd be out there from thurs afternoon(4:30ish) until friday morning by subbing in for them, but it fell through. They couldn't get off of work to do it.

I was going to sell it and buy a nice 60 inch HDTV with some money I had saved already.

Almost got one friday morning though at a Sears. They sold 2 15 min before I got there and had already been open for almost an hour. I guess no one guessed to check there.

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

Gears of War is sick and graphically the best game I have ever seen. One thing I do not like with the new generation of consoles is the abscence of HUDs.

Diomedes

Who will be the first :CF er to buy a PS3?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger