Random sports stuff thread

Started by Eagaholic, March 18, 2013, 01:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

Apparently, the USFL and the Philadelphia Stars are being resurrected...

https://twitter.com/USFLStars/status/1462857203006668801

MDS

theyre playing in one city in 2022

i cant see this ever working in the northeast. who in the hell is going to watch minor league football in march
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

no i meant like actually attend....these spring football leagues all fail, gambling does not save it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

If I recall the XFL had some following prior to Covid canceling them

General_Failure

The XFL buzz was about their tech, not so much the product, if I recall. Or that was the other failed league.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

longest streak in each of the four sports of not having won a playoff game or series...not great for Cincinnati

nfl - bengals - 1991
mlb - reds - 1995
nhl - panthers - 1996
nba - hornets - 2002
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

that funny I googled Florida Panthers recently because I was pretty sure they were not a real team anymore.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

Suspended for the final five games of the season. 

So Jab Five then?

Rome

80:1 long shot just won the derby. 

Incredible.

PhillyPhreak54

That was a fun race.

The $1 super paid out $351k