Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

The new patch apparently made problems worse. But that was for 360 and you play on PC right? I'm not sure if the same applies to both platforms.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

General_Failure

I play the PC version, but the patch didn't fix shtein for me. I had to go through the whole long list of community fixes before I could get it to work properly.

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: smeags on October 26, 2010, 05:36:40 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/111114/with-kinect-microsoft-aims-for-a-game-changert?mod=family-love_money

Sounds really cool, but it'll be a few years before I even think of buying one.

Picked up Fable 3, didn't do the pre-order so I don't get the nerd sword and tattoo.

General_Failure

I just got a beta key for Bloodline Champions. Looks interesting, but team PVP is not my cup of tea. It seems that key comes with two extra, so send me a message if you want one. Unlikely, but I figured I'd offer anyway.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

There was once a time in my life when I could just dump time into something like that.  No longer.

Besides, I'm not much for teams either.  The requirement to interact with other people takes all the fun out of it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

Quote from: SD on October 26, 2010, 07:57:19 PM
Quote from: smeags on October 26, 2010, 05:36:40 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/111114/with-kinect-microsoft-aims-for-a-game-changert?mod=family-love_money

Sounds really cool, but it'll be a few years before I even think of buying one.

Picked up Fable 3, didn't do the pre-order so I don't get the nerd sword and tattoo.

yeah just started to see the commercials for it. seems really cool as it's not just about using controllers but i'm not into video games like i used to be so dropping a $150 right for it is too much.

i would like to start geting back into some of the war games though. i stopped at graw 2.

anyone have some good ones to recommend ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Diomedes on October 28, 2010, 09:20:19 PM
There was once a time in my life when I could just dump time into something like that.  No longer.

Besides, I'm not much for teams either.  The requirement to interact with other people takes all the fun out of it.

:-D I agree
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Seabiscuit36

COD Black ops comes out 11/09/10 i think, who knows how glitchy it'll be
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

Glitchy or not, its still the best 1st person shooter out there other than maybe Halo series. I'm getting Black Ops
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Munson

Still wish they'd go back to WW2....but either way it'll be good
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mussa

Like there wasn't enough WW2 games for you? Jesus christ thats all there was for years.

Here are the kill streak rewards for Black Ops:

3    Spy Plane -  Shows enemies on the mini-map (destructible).
3    RC-XD -  Remote controlled car strapped with explosives (destructible and has a time limit).
4    Counter-Spy Plane - Temporarily disables enemy mini-map.
4    SAM Turret - Airdrop a placeable SAM turret that destroys aircraft.
5    Care Package - Airdrop a random killstreak, Special Weapon, or ammo crate.
5    Napalm Strike - Airstrike that covers an area in fire which burns for a set period of time.
6    Sentry Gun - Airdrop a placeable Sentry Gun.
6    Mortar Team - Targets three locations to bombard with Mortar Strikes.
7    Attack Helicopter - Call in a Cobra attack helicopter (Non-flyable and destructible)
7    Valkyrie Rockets - Launcher with two remote controlled rockets.
8    Blackbird - Call in an SR-71 Blackbird recon plane revealing enemies and their direction on the mini-map (not destructible).
8    Rolling Thunder - Call in a B-52 Carpet Bombing.
9    Chopper Gunner - Control of a door-mounted minigun from inside a Huey helicopter (destructible).
11    Attack Dogs - Call in a pack of vicious attack dogs.
11    Gunship - Pilot a Hind attack helicopter (destructible). The pilot has rockets and a machine gun. The same HUD as the helicopter in the mission "Payback" is used for this killstreak.

And apparently you can dive to prone position in this game. Thats pretty sweet IMO, they also made it so you can't instantly start shooting when you dive into prone, so it doesn't turn into everyone diving, there is a slight delay to keep that from happening.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

Anyone pick up the zombie add-on for Red Dead Redemption? How is it? Worth the $10?

Diomedes

Nope.  I borrowed that game from a friend a couple weeks ago.  It's alright so far, not sure it's good enough to warrant another storyline.

I like the hunting best of all.  I think I want to try a hunting game.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Yeah best hunting game ever. All the others ones I have tried are terrible...