Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joneszilla

Quote from: General_Failure on August 18, 2010, 02:16:05 PM
If you liked NWN and Baldur's Gate, go with Dragon Age for more Bioware goodness.

Did you play it on Xbox360 or the PC.  Seems like it would be awkward trying to manage your party via a controller??

Thanks for all the suggestions.  :yay

General_Failure

I go PC for everything these days. There's still the option to pause and queue up abilities, so I imagine it isn't too bad with a controller.

The man. The myth. The legend.

mussa

Whats everyone's opinions on Madden after a few weeks of playing? Demo'd it the other day and it def. different. I think it feels better as far an control. Goal line jump option is better than last years. I let the computer pick the plays for the most part and it was kind of cool.

Got a new game on arcade called Limbo. It's pretty sick visually. Very simple yet really well done. You basically trying to get through this world loaded with obstacles. I'm about halfway and totally stuck...
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Drunkmasterflex

I have an issue with the new madden in Franchise mode I IRd a couple of guys and it won't let me sign someone unless I cut someone from the active roster.  That is a pretty big glitch, I would hope they have a something to correct that.  Or I could just be retarded.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SunMo

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on August 31, 2010, 03:33:58 PM
I have an issue with the new madden in Franchise mode I IRd a couple of guys and it won't let me sign someone unless I cut someone from the active roster.  That is a pretty big glitch, I would hope they have a something to correct that.  Or I could just be retarded.

absolutely, i DL'd Hof Ingram after he got a 10 week injury and I wanted to sign another tight end.  i tried to sign a new guy and it wouldn't let me.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

i also don't like that in my first offseason, i re-signed the guys i wanted to and then went to sim past the rest, and computer signed a bunch of guys

mussa

man they don't like franchise mode over at EA, wtf  :boo Thats seems like a patch fix hopefully...
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

Quote from: SunMo on August 31, 2010, 06:47:14 PM
i also don't like that in my first offseason, i re-signed the guys i wanted to and then went to sim past the rest, and computer signed a bunch of guys

You can fix that by changing Fill Roster from "CPU" to "User".

Diomedes

There are these screens in video games where you can change the options or settings.  They are often called "Options" or "Settings."
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

joneszilla

Quote from: mussa on August 31, 2010, 02:32:52 PM

Got a new game on arcade called Limbo. It's pretty sick visually. Very simple yet really well done. You basically trying to get through this world loaded with obstacles. I'm about halfway and totally stuck...

I played Limbo. Definitely a cool game with some tough puzzles. Even had my girl playing it, first time she ever showed an interest in a video game, she likes it.

SunMo

Quote from: Zanshin on August 31, 2010, 08:41:58 PM
Quote from: SunMo on August 31, 2010, 06:47:14 PM

You can fix that by changing Fill Roster from "CPU" to "User".

yeah, i did that from the start, what i'm saying is that i had a list of 20 guys or so to potentially re-sign.  i re-signed the ones i wanted and then simmed past the that stage, but the CPU signed some guys after that to my team.

mussa

Quote from: joneszilla on September 01, 2010, 09:16:28 AM
Quote from: mussa on August 31, 2010, 02:32:52 PM

I played Limbo. Definitely a cool game with some tough puzzles. Even had my girl playing it, first time she ever showed an interest in a video game, she likes it.

I was thinking to myself my girl might like it as well. Jump and action button and directional, thats it! Its tough I got to a point and could not figure it out, so I went to good ol youtube and it got me through the rest of the game. Def will go through it a few more times.  :yay

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

And yet, I'm still not laughing. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

I don't usually go for downloadable content add-ons, but on a whim I picked up Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2. If you enjoyed the Bioshock series, Minerva's Den is worth the $10. It's a self-contained story and has some really interesting features and abilities that differ from it's predecessors. I enjoyed it.