Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

interesting yes. i like the idea of the madden test. thats pretty cool, but I wonder how well it adapts as you get better at the game? def inprovements were needed in movement. my biggest gripe with this was when lets say a pass was in mid air - i would hit the button to switch the nearest defender...but half the time it would go to a guy I wasn't expecting and by that time your reaction time is ruined and I'm either diving the wrong way or whiffing on a hit stick. so lame!

the other thing is interceptions on offense and defense. Also sacks on offense. I threw so many picks with McNabb...it wasn't even funny. Sacks...McNabb ate shtein at least 5-10 times a game! which isn't too far off from reality...but come on! i guess the passing game overall just wasn't what it was in games of the past and its an adjustment

the article didn't even mention anything on franchise mode. now this to me is my favorite part...a. progression...b. ability to switch diff players into and out of diff. defensive/offensive alignments. c. the draft and a more in depth scouting

without progression of players...its just really no fun...there was almost zero progression in last years version...train players before the game thing was lame and i was doing the same drills over and over again...they have to put back these old features...progression...customization of your offense/defense and special team alignments and a draft.

otherwise I'm passing
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

I'm going to pick it up and hope for the best...mostly because I still play it quite a bit with friends online, and I'm hoping for some improvements there (and I'm sick of this one).  I used to play the hell out of franchise on PS2, and you're right-- the 360 franchise mode is pretty bland, and I can't get into it.  If they even bring in some of the PS2 franchise feel, that'll be an improvement.

As a matter of fact, I picked up All Pro Football on the cheap to try to get a non-Madden football fix..and it really sucked in a great many ways.

Zanshin

Finished Bioshock.  Really enjoyed it.  Saved the little sisters (well, all but the second one- but you could tell she was a little bitch and deserved it).  Even with the one harvest, I got the "good" ending...I'll probably play through it again.

Feva

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - I'm playing through this right now and this may be quite possibly the best game I've ever played in my life.  Kinda sucks that this is the final game in the MGS series, but damn... they're going out on top.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Zanshin

I always liked the MGS series.  Not enough to pick up a ps3...but if it was on the 360, I'd get it.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Zanshin on June 20, 2008, 09:31:47 AM
I always liked the MGS series.  Not enough to pick up a ps3...but if it was on the 360, I'd get it.

Never played any of the MGS games but I'd definitely buy it if it came out for the 360, its getting phenominal reviews from everyone. I think my little brother is getting for the PS3.

Quote from: Zanshin on June 19, 2008, 09:06:24 PM
Finished Bioshock.  Really enjoyed it.  Saved the little sisters (well, all but the second one- but you could tell she was a little bitch and deserved it).  Even with the one harvest, I got the "good" ending...I'll probably play through it again.

Great game, in my top 5 all time.

Some sad news, got my 360 in March of 2006 and have had zero problems, flip it on today to finish Ninja Gaiden 2 and got the RROD. Called and a coffin is on its way.

Seabiscuit36

Sun had some real good turnaround last time his died, not like the bullshtein everyone went thru when Halo came out and it was taking forever
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

It's Free Team Fortress 2 weekend, so I decided I'd finally give it a shot. I hate going to public servers, and the included bots do nothing, so I haven't been able to do much beyond listen to all the voice commands and shoot at walls.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

I got an email saying the NCAA Football 2009 Demo is out, i havent checked XBL, but will later.  One thing im sure of is i'll be disappointed in the demo, it always sucks, then when the game is released, they fix a ton of glitches
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

i downloaded the demo and then got RRoD, yeah me

one of the things that was cool in my 2 minutes of playing was after i threw an interception, it lets you look at the snapshots and you have to pick out which defense the other team was in...if you pick right, your composure goes up
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on June 24, 2008, 10:37:59 AM
i downloaded the demo and then got RRoD, yeah me

one of the things that was cool in my 2 minutes of playing was after i threw an interception, it lets you look at the snapshots and you have to pick out which defense the other team was in...if you pick right, your composure goes up
thats awesome.  Both that you are a douche and got RROD'd again, and the update. 

SunMo

wow...that PM i just sent you...ignore it
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on June 24, 2008, 10:55:47 AM
wow...that PM i just sent you...ignore it
lol, i knew that was coming.  No more Buttsecks

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: EagleFeva on June 20, 2008, 09:29:44 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - I'm playing through this right now and this may be quite possibly the best game I've ever played in my life.  Kinda sucks that this is the final game in the MGS series, but damn... they're going out on top.

One of the best series of all-time. What act are you up to and have you played the other games? I'm asking for a reason. If you got to Act 4 you already know what I'm talking about then.  ;D
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Seabiscuit36

Turn Your Xbox 360 into a Streaming Netflix Player

http://www.roku.com/netflixplayer/

Pretty awesome, but i'd bet within 12 months XBL has an agreement in place to just use the 360 itself