Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on November 08, 2005, 07:45:20 PM
Also bought Blitz: The League.  I'm about to plug in and play.  I think my team will be called the Haucks.

Will be somewhat curious to hear how that is.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Diomedes on November 08, 2005, 07:45:20 PM
I just bought Fable, the platinume edition with extra missions, etc.  Got it new for $20.

Please do update, I might check it out off your recommendation.

I've had Star Wars Battlefront 2 since it's release but haven't had time to play it for more than an hour. So far, its 10 times better than the first one, there's space battles, and you can play as a Jedi. Also, the graphics are night and day better and there's actually somewhat of a storyline in this one  :yay

WEST is GOD

This month is costing me a fortune.

I'm getting 3 games on the 16th and then Xbox 360 on the 22nd.

On the 16th I'm getting Half Life 2 for Xbox, Dragon Quest VIII, and Wild Arms Alter Code F.

On top of that I got Christmas shopping to do... ugh.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Diomedes

Briefly:

Blitz:  I did most of the training, but did not play any games.  It's a completely different kind of football game than Madden or NFL2Kx.  It's Blitz football.  More like the NFL Street game.  The action is crisp and fast, and the style is no holds barred.  When you fail a test, a street edged voice over says "What the farg is wrong with you?"  No bleeps.   I haven't made a team and started the mode tantamount to "franchise" yet because I wanted to check out Fable, too.

Fable is interesting.  It's old by now I suppose, but I can totally dig how it got so much press and awards when it came out.  The cut scenes aren't so horrible that I hate watching them for the first time, which is saying a lot.  I beat up the town bully and got the teddy bear for whatshername.  Found the cheating husband, but didn't rat on him...what's it to me?  It was fun enough.  Better than most movies that I would have wasted an hour and half on. 

I look forward to getting stoned and playing both over the coming weeks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on November 08, 2005, 10:53:11 PM
Briefly:

Blitz:  I did most of the training, but did not play any games.  It's a completely different kind of football game than Madden or NFL2Kx.  It's Blitz football.  More like the NFL Street game.  The action is crisp and fast, and the style is no holds barred.  When you fail a test, a street edged voice over says "What the farg is wrong with you?"  No bleeps.   I haven't made a team and started the mode tantamount to "franchise" yet because I wanted to check out Fable, too.

Fable is interesting.  It's old by now I suppose, but I can totally dig how it got so much press and awards when it came out.  The cut scenes aren't so horrible that I hate watching them for the first time, which is saying a lot.  I beat up the town bully and got the teddy bear for whatshername.  Found the cheating husband, but didn't rat on him...what's it to me?  It was fun enough.  Better than most movies that I would have wasted an hour and half on. 

I look forward to getting stoned and playing both over the coming weeks.

Why are you going to have people come over to throw rocks at you while you're playing video games? That's farged up, man.

*edited-people were throwing rocks at me when I made the initial post.

Diomedes

Martyr fetish, bro.  Very satisfying.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

EA Sports NHL 06, pretty sweet.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: WEST is GOD on November 08, 2005, 09:35:29 PM
This month is costing me a fortune.

I'm getting 3 games on the 16th and then Xbox 360 on the 22nd.

On the 16th I'm getting Half Life 2 for Xbox, Dragon Quest VIII, and Wild Arms Alter Code F.

On top of that I got Christmas shopping to do... ugh.

You could always choose not to buy all that shtein.

Diomedes

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 09, 2005, 08:40:34 AMYou could always choose not to buy all that shtein.

Or wait, like me.  Lotsa suckas bought Fable for $50.  I got an extended version of it for $20, just by waiting a year or so.

Zanshin

I'm still trying to figure out how people have tons of disposable time for all of these games.  I mean, I'm lucky if I can squeeze in a game of Madden a week.

mussa

being married with kids don't help zanex...

played mercenaries for alittle bit last night...aiight so far
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

Whats the Lineup for the Flyers on NHL 2K6 look like?  Any rookies?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

Last night I realized that the folks at Valve had waaaay too much time to work on Half Life 2.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Feva

Anybody played Resident Evil 4 on PS2 yet?  I'm probably gonna pick that up pretty soon.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Wingspan

Quote from: EagleFeva on November 09, 2005, 01:24:55 PM
Anybody played Resident Evil 4 on PS2 yet?  I'm probably gonna pick that up pretty soon.

i played it on gamecube last winter. one of the best games i ever played. it's excellent.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.