Super Bowl LII - Patriots: The Eagles Won The God Damn Super Bowl

Started by MDS, January 22, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I'm not an overly emotional guy but holy shtein that scene with Darrell Green walking up the Lombardi to the podium gets me every time.   I'm choking up thinking about it now.   Homo.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I'm not generally squeamish about incidental contact with other people, hand shaking, or all that...but I draw the line well before being the 19th dude to slobber all over a piece of metal...I hope to hell no one, especially early on in that train, had the herpes.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 24, 2018, 12:21:20 PM
I watch some form of Super Bowl content every day.

Given the amount of time I've spent watching, talking about, and thinking about this team over the last three decades, it would be stranger if I didn't. This is the big payoff.

This
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Wow!  Good shtein!

QuoteWhile Jenkins drew flak from some for raising his fist during the anthem, he was also forging close ties with the Philadelphia Police Department, not just meeting with top brass but riding around with rank-and-file officers to learn how cops and the communities they serve can develop better trust — a real-world strategy for reducing shootings by police.

QuoteLong had a uniquely privileged background for an NFL-bound athlete — the son of Hall of Fame defensive end and sportscaster Howie Long — and so even as a teen he burned to both prove he was his own man and to give back to others not born with the same advantages. "He wanted to get it for himself,"

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

hbionic

Just watched some superbowl clips just now.

Still can't believe how magical this season was. Stuff like that never happens for Eagles fans. And it did! Don't know how I'm not going to watch this superbowl at least once a week for the rest of my life.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Susquehanna Birder

I've had a couple of friends (on both sides of the issues) boycott the NFL this past year. I can appreciate that they are sick of the political spinning and hasty sound bites, but when you look at what guys like Jenkins and Long have done, and you see the community of support that Jeffrey Lurie has fostered, you can't help but feel that this franchise is a great example of what's right with the NFL. The fact that they reached the pinnacle of success just makes it even sweeter.

Geowhizzer

Funny thing is, Kaepernick was doing basically a personal protest against police brutality.  He wasn't really making a public spectacle of it.  The media got a hold of it and blew it up, then social media blew it wide open.

Then, people like Trump who value a patriotic dog and pony show over people decided to have a hissy fit about it and attempted to brow beat NFL players from attempting to make their statement.  Which in turn further amplified their statement.

Basically, farg Trump.  I enjoyed this NFL season from the time Philly took over the draft until Doug Pederson made Belichick his bitch.  And I hope that the Eagles tell him to get farged and take some kids to the African-American museum like the Warriors.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 27, 2018, 09:09:07 PM
I enjoyed this NFL season from the time Philly took over the draft

That was such an awesome event!  Good luck Dallas with trying to top it with your imbecile fan base. (Sorry EJ72, we love you but this new generation of fans sucks).   I still get goose bumps thinking of that wife and young son of the soldier killed in the middle east who was a huge birds fan, leading the crowd in a frenzied E A G L E S cheer after they chose Sydney Jones.  Priceless.

Cthulhu

Funny thing is, Kaepernick was doing basically a personal protest against police brutality.  He wasn't really making a public spectacle of it.  The media got a hold of it and blew it up, then social media blew it wide open.

Then, people like Trump who value a patriotic dog and pony show over people decided to have a hissy fit about it and attempted to brow beat NFL players from attempting to make their statement.  Which in turn further amplified their statement.

Basically, farg Trump.  I enjoyed this NFL season from the time Philly took over the draft until Doug Pederson made Belichick his bitch.  And I hope that the Eagles tell him to get farged and take some kids to the African-American museum like the Warriors.

Funny, I'd say the whole thing with him was a public spectacle...

ice grillin you

Quote from: Cthulhu on March 01, 2018, 10:40:29 AM

Funny, I'd say the whole thing with him was a public spectacle...

facts matter

he was kneeling for several games and not a single person in the public at large even knew...he didnt talk about it at all and since he was first (accidentily) discovered kneeling i believe he might have given two interviews on it and in general has largely been invisible...hes actually been criticized by many on his side of the issue for not speaking out more...instead all hes done is give his time and a ton of his money to the causes he believes in...hes been the exact opposite of a spectacle

Diomedes

silly liberal

facts don't matter; they don't even exist

all that matters is what people believe

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger