Super Bowl LII - Patriots: The Eagles Won The God Damn Super Bowl

Started by MDS, January 22, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I normally leave thread title changes up to whoever started the thread, but fiiiiiiiine.

Wait, nevermind, he already did it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: AO1 on February 06, 2018, 08:03:33 PM
I was thinking about this earlier. The ending was sort of odd...there was 9 seconds left...in my head and I think anyone who watches football on a regular basis figured the Pats probably had two shots at a Hail Mary. Graham almost sacked him, that was probably the difference between the last play taking the full 9 seconds and possibly one more shot. When I watched the game and watch other reactions on video nobody realizes it's actually over until a few moments go by. If Graham sacks Brady, it's 4th down, or an Eagle makes a pick fans would have erupted.

The Lidge/K ending was better, it was instantaneous. That's just my opinion and observation.
The players reaction was muted, even at the party i was at it was this quiet gasp then it hit.  I think we naturally look for flags, for something to somehow screw that up.  This article/quote surmised it well

QuoteSomething happened on Sunday that before then I'd seen only in movies. Tom Brady's Hail Mary pass sailed through the air and into a sea of jumping, diving players, and no one could tell exactly what was going on. So, in the middle of the biggest play in the biggest game, everyone in the stadium fell silent. Everything stopped. I have covered hundreds of games, and I have never seen this many people take a deep breath all at once. It was the worst sports movie cliché, and it was really happening.

Years of Andy and other failures..Gone.  Didn't know how to react for a few seconds. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagles_Legendz

the last play didn't have the drama that it would have if there were four seconds or something similar to that because no one expected it to be the last play when the ball and was snapped, and at least, speaking for myself, my eyes were too fixed on the ball ping ponging around to realize there was no time left for a second or two after.

so you didn't have the instant fan or player reactions you normally would because it wasn't clear it was over when the ball hit the ground.

Sgt PSN

This is fan-farging-tastic.  Ertz and Agholor slap 5 in the middle of a crossing route.

https://youtu.be/P6a1bm6ZtOY

QB Eagles

I think everyone had the same experience:

No no no Brady got away! Here it comes! Oh no it's Gronk!! ARRGHHHHH!!! Where's the ball!?! No one caught that? ...oh shtein the clock is :00! Did it really use up all the time? Are they going to put a second back on? Oh my god it changed to FINAL! Holy shtein we won the Super Bowl!

smeags

i videoed my gathering for the last play and the reaction is exactly as described. a slight delay and then mayhem.

smeags

to me there's def more juice to this because of who the eagles beat, especially after hearing multi players mention the arrogance from the patriots.

btw - opinions please. a guy i grew up with is a cockroach cowboys fan, so is his girlfriend and he's raised his kids the same way. he's got a thread on FB about getting rail tickets for tmrrw and bitching at people questioning why he's going.

is it a violation for him to go ?

hbionic

Funny. I felt like I was the only one.

Everyone was like 'CONGRATULATIONS'! And I was still looking for time on the clock, flags, etc. It was a delayed reaction for me as well.

Funny, it's like being held hostage in a dungeon for years and finally being released and not knowing how to react to sunlight.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Zanshin

Quote from: hbionic on February 07, 2018, 12:38:34 PM
Funny, it's like being held hostage in a dungeon for years and finally being released and not knowing how to react to sunlight.

Is that how your prisoners usually react?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Zanshin on February 07, 2018, 12:52:31 PM
Quote from: hbionic on February 07, 2018, 12:38:34 PM

Is that how your male order brides usually react?

Fixed

Sgt PSN

Quote from: smeags on February 07, 2018, 12:38:13 PM
to me there's def more juice to this because of who the eagles beat, especially after hearing multi players mention the arrogance from the patriots.

btw - opinions please. a guy i grew up with is a cockroach cowboys fan, so is his girlfriend and he's raised his kids the same way. he's got a thread on FB about getting rail tickets for tmrrw and bitching at people questioning why he's going.

Absolutely not.  He should go. And he should wear Dallas gear and probably even talk about 5 rings.

Zanshin

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 07, 2018, 01:01:23 PM
Quote from: smeags on February 07, 2018, 12:38:13 PM

Absolutely not.  He should go. And he should wear Dallas gear and probably even talk about 5 rings.

Even the combined prayer of Foles and Wentz wouldn't be enough to save that guy.

General_Failure

Bonus points if he still has his Starter jacket from the 90s.

The man. The myth. The legend.