America, now the land of "wide lawns and narrow minds"

Started by ATV, July 02, 2008, 03:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATV

Suburbia and the end of America. That's the topic of this thread. Here's an excellent article to start with.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/main.jhtml?xml=/portal/2008/07/05/sm_america05.xml

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hbionic

...and his pencil fighting license should be revoked.

NO ONE can beat me in a pencil fight. NO ONE.  :evil
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ATV

If Rome burned while the Emperor fiddled, then what were the more common people doing?

Diomedes

You really farging expect people here to read a 30,000 word article?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ATV

No, I expected most of them to post smart-ass comments.

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

General_Failure

Christ. The least you could do is quote the whole thing and bold the parts that push your agenda the most, you lazy bastich.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

ATV

QuoteThe least you could do is quote the whole thing and bold the parts that push your agenda the most

The whole thing is good. It's a complicated far reaching subject that can't even come close to being covered by the 30,000 words (or however many you claim). If someone is interested in gaining further insights into how deep this country is farged then there's a good chance you'll appreciate it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on July 02, 2008, 06:46:14 PM
My kingdom for the "didn't read" smiley.

So, what's my bounty?  Two grand and a raging case of syphilis?

ice grillin you

pretty cool story on a new kind of luxury dwelling for lower/middle income people...just so happens to be right down the street from me

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/04/AR2008070401346.html?hpid=sidecar
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

fansince61

Industries have life cycles too.  Unlike the auto industry and the steel industry (here in Bethlehem, PA) the growth industry in this country is now government.  If they run out of money they raise taxes and competitors are forbiden.  Maybe we can be the first counrty to tax our way to prospertity :-\  I would encourage my children to get government, teaching, or health care careers.