Get advice from smart people on medical procedures

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, January 12, 2011, 02:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on April 26, 2014, 09:12:18 PM
Yeah, let the blister alone.  It's there for a reason. 

Also...pics please.

honey dip brought the camera to the m3 concert tonight at merriweather so I don't have the means....remember no cell phone
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Just mash your burned hand on your scanner. I know you've got a printer/scanner/fax with no blue ink.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Susquehanna Birder

SD

I have some strange virus that comes and goes...been dealing with it for about a week and a half...I'm nauseous half the day and I crave the shtein out of chips/crackers. Found this from 2009...definitely what I have

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/678792-Anyone-else-got-this-Virus-ongoing-Nausea-I-have-had/AllOnOnePage

Susquehanna Birder

phattymatty

i'd skip the doctor and just get on board with that message board of obviously crazy people.

i would try to create the medicine yourself also.

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Quote from: SD on June 23, 2014, 08:34:25 AM
I have some strange virus that comes and goes...been dealing with it for about a week and a half...I'm nauseous half the day and I crave the shtein out of chips/crackers. Found this from 2009...definitely what I have

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/678792-Anyone-else-got-this-Virus-ongoing-Nausea-I-have-had/AllOnOnePage

It's gastritis. Doc said too much alcohol combined with the ibuprofen I take for my back. Put me on Zantac 150 which minimizes your stomach acid.

Eagaholic

Quote from: SD on July 06, 2014, 08:28:32 AM
Quote from: SD on June 23, 2014, 08:34:25 AM

It's gastritis. Doc said too much alcohol combined with the ibuprofen I take for my back. Put me on Zantac 150 which minimizes your stomach acid.
Did he by chance mention anything about less alcohol?

You probably already know this but it is important to take ibuprofen (or any nsaid) with food. If you are taking ibu regularly, especially higher doses, it might be better to switch to Aleve because there is less cardiovascular risk (although there is not a consensus opinion). Lancet, one of the top medical journals, published an article saying high dose ibuprofen may have similar risk to Vioxx, which was removed from the market, and a year of high dose ibu may put your risk of an avoidable fatal heart attack at in 1,000.

Seabiscuit36

I've had multiple run in with deer ticks over the past few years, but i'm relatively sure this time around I got lyme or some other tick borne disease.  I've had a headache for nearly 3 weeks, mostly in my ear if that makes any sense.  Have had a slightly elevated fever of 99.2-99.9 pretty much all the time.  My ankle where the farger bit me feels like it's seizing up as in my mobility isn't right, and I have aches in my shoulder where i had surgery. 

Scheduled a doctors appt for Wednesday to go over it all, but it's odd that a tick that was on me for less than two hours had an effect.  I thought they had to be attached for over 24 hours to transmit, so I didn't think twice about it on me. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

I've had 25+ tick bites this season.  People need to care less about deer.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

What the farg? Where the farg do you guys hang out? Holy shtein that's disgusting.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

Most of those are from two days working in the woods/fields of an undeveloped property on Kent Island.  Overrun with deer.  Tick heaven.