Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Voters must like terribly choreographed sand fights and rape more than the ice apocalypse.

QB Eagles

There's no reason to think the votes have anything to do with the quality of the episode, or that the voters have even watched the episodes.

It's voted on by other directors. The guy who directed the horrible episode has directed a bunch of well-regarded shows and won awards. The guy who directed Hardhome is basically a nobody. The directors either voted for the name they recognized, or for their buddy.

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 17, 2015, 06:24:14 PM
There's no reason to think the votes have anything to do with the quality of the episode, or that the voters have even watched the episodes.

It's voted on by other directors. The guy who directed the horrible episode has directed a bunch of well-regarded shows and won awards. The guy who directed Hardhome is basically a nobody. The directors either voted for the name they recognized, or for their buddy.

basically....its very rare for a single episode of a tv show to crack beyond name recognition

ozymandious ep of breaking bad is 1 that did. but generally its just people voting for friends or names theyre aware of.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

call the waaaaaaaaaahmbulance cause one of the ten million noms my show got wasn't for the episode I liked

die nerds

this is why game of thrones will never stand up to the greats like the wire
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

If anything GoT got too many nominations.  I was saying it was stupid to give a nomination for directing to one of the worst episodes the show has ever done instead of one of the best.  reading is important.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on July 16, 2015, 12:41:04 PM
the best set piece the show has ever done didn't pick up a directing nomination, while arguably the worst episode in the show's history got one

4000 nominations and you are upset one of them was for the wrong episode

classic spoiled nerd talk

google wire emmy noms

Munson

Wtf is IGY bitching about
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

People are paying attention to some nerd shtein and not The Wire, which is a bad thing to do.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on July 19, 2015, 12:24:32 AM
People are paying attention to some nerd shtein and not The Wire, which is a bad thing to do.

not just a bad thing but one of the worst things anyone can do

in a backwards way I kinda like it cause it shines a light on the greatness of the wire which Emmy wise was gang raped

MDS

i really have no clue what the farg youre talking about, but GoT has evolved well past being a nerd show

its got 20+ million viewers, 1000 emmy noms, ridiculous critical acclaim, cultural and "water cooler" domination.....its as mainstream as it gets
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 19, 2015, 12:06:35 AM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on July 16, 2015, 12:41:04 PM
the best set piece the show has ever done didn't pick up a directing nomination, while arguably the worst episode in the show's history got one

4000 nominations and you are upset one of them was for the wrong episode

classic spoiled nerd talk

google wire emmy noms

I was saying if you're going to give directing nominations to GoT, it's stupid to give one for a terrible episode.   I don't think anything was me complaining that it's not getting Emmy love?

smeags

wait, the wire didnt get emmy love ? OMG  :o
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagles_Legendz

SD

He's not dead he crawled under the dumpster

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it