Science 'n Shtein

Started by hbionic, August 23, 2011, 02:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

32 correct, making me slightly smarter than hbionic and slightly dumber than IGY for sticking through that ad trap. If only they could figure out a way to make you visit three pages of ads for each question.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

34 of 50

I think I broke my mouse button clicking so much.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Answered 5, got 4 right, then got annoyed from all the clicking.

Diomedes

you can be forgiven, but I'm curious how you'd do overall.

I'm hoping MMH will take the quiz..he should do better than anyone else
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I stopped at 20 but got 14 right.

And Pluto isn't classified as a planet anymore.  Just sayin'...

Eagaholic

35. But I thought the chemistry questions were too elementary.

I took their 'do you know more about religion than an atheist' quiz and got 31/32. a lot easier than the science test which seemed weighted more towards physics and chemistry and less toward biology.

Diomedes

Oh, I forgot about you, Eagaholic.  You're some kind of research scientist as well, right?

Eagaholic

I'm no research scientist but I've watched a lot of tv so I should be intelligent. It's not surprising how much I've forgotten from college but I definitely got the nitrous oxide question right.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

General_Failure

Stem cells bring back feeling for paralysed patients.

QuoteFor the first time, people with broken spines have recovered feeling in previously paralysed areas after receiving injections of neural stem cells.

Three people with paralysis received injections of 20 million neural stem cells directly into the injured region of their spinal cord. The cells, acquired from donated fetal brain tissue, were injected between four and eight months after the injuries happened. The patients also received a temporary course of immunosuppressive drugs to limit rejection of the cells.

None of the three felt any sensation below their nipples before the treatment. Six months after therapy, two of them had sensations of touch and heat between their chest and belly button. The third patient has not seen any change.

rjs246

I love science.

Except when it prescribes medicine or concludes that the earth is warming, of course.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

You left out, when it tells you to stop drinking. 

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

NASA: Warp drive is 'plausible and worth further investigation'

Quote"The math would allow you to go to Alpha Centauri in two weeks as measured by clocks here on Earth," White said. "So somebody's clock onboard the spacecraft has the same rate of time as somebody in mission control here in Houston might have. There are no tidal forces, no undue issues, and the proper acceleration is zero. When you turn the field on, everybody doesn't go slamming against the bulkhead, (which) would be a very short and sad trip."