2002: Troy Aikman, almost Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, November 01, 2009, 11:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

lmao at awesome athlete.

he was a zesty baseball player, sassy.  stop.

QB Eagles

Bo Jackson was really in a league of his own. If it wasn't for his injury, he might be a football HOFer today and he didn't even consider football to be his main sport. Just an athletic prodigy.

Sgt PSN

lmao at thinking that dude wasn't a ridiculously gifted athlete.  he stole over 50 bases in something like 110-115 games sometime in the mid/late 90's.  and he finished his career with 180+ stolen bases in about 650 games played which is one about every 3.5 games.  he wasn't a great hitter, but that's not the benchmark of elite athleticism.  although he did hit over .500 in the ws against toronto. 

anyone who can play 2 professional sports even if they are just mediocre at the pro level at 1 or even both is still a hell of an athlete. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 02, 2009, 11:59:54 PM
Bo Jackson was really in a league of his own. If it wasn't for his injury, he might be a football HOFer today and he didn't even consider football to be his main sport. Just an athletic prodigy.

absolutely.  bo is the #1 athlete of the modern era and #2 isn't even close.  dude was that damn good.  if deion were a better baseball player then he'd be right up there near bo.  of course, the fact that he's no bo jackson doesn't mean prime time wasn't a great athlete in his own right. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on November 02, 2009, 11:53:05 PM
lmao at awesome athlete.

Are you drunk?

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 03, 2009, 12:19:00 AM
Quote from: Rome on November 02, 2009, 11:53:05 PM
lmao at awesome athlete.

Are you drunk?

i was gonna say tweaked

dook was a HOF football player and a major leaguer but not a good athlete?

ive officially heard it all
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

RezRob

On the Emmitt shtein... he was a fargin annoying showboaty helmet removing fargtard. I hated that act. "Look at me!" "Look at me!" I respect his game, even though anyone could've run well behind that line.

Deion is a fargin scourge and still haunts the NFL network ,and somehow finds ways to tamper with NCAA kids and farg their lives. I hate everything Deion. I would rather drive a needle into my eardrum than hear him talk.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

ice grillin you

i think mcnabb would have welcomed troy with open arms and a fake smile and it would have done wonders for his psyche
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Or Aikman could have taught him how to throw. Either way, it would have been entertaining for people that listen to too much talk radio.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

In football Deion couldn't tackle worth a damn and in baseball he couldn't hit a curve ball to save his life.

He was a master promoter of all things Deion, though, especially his "fight" with Andre Rison and his repeated dousing of 50-plus year old Tim McCarver while McCarver was doing interview live on television.