Glazer: McNabb tested for sports hernia, may need surgery

Started by BigEd76, September 25, 2005, 01:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

QB Eagles

LBIggle

didn't dawkings have one a couple years back.  he was out for about 6 weeks if i remember.

SD_Eagle5

QuoteAccording to those close to McNabb, the MRI was not conclusive enough to determine whether or not McNabb had an abdominal strain or a sports hernia. Often an MRI doesn't show a sports hernia in the early stages. In fact, in many cases a proper diagnosis cannot be made for quite a while.

Noting to be concerned about...yet. But something they definitaly need to monitor.

PhillyPhreak54

He's playing like it now.

Can't step into throws - Dierdork keeps saying it, but its true.

Andy MUST RUN THE BALL.

QB Eagles

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 25, 2005, 02:49:49 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 25, 2005, 02:43:39 PM
Noting to be concerned about...yet.

You watching the game today, SD?

Yup

Raiders are dropping their entire Defense into coverage challenging AR to run the farging ball. Don't get me wrong, McNabb doesn't look like his normal self, but the rest of the team/coaches needs to give him a hand...especially if he's nursing an injury.

BobbyT

Some of those dropped passes have been more the receivers fault.
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

QB Eagles

Quote from: BobbyT on September 25, 2005, 02:53:05 PM
Some of those dropped passes have been more the receivers fault.

There have been way more overthrows, underthrows, and light throws than McNabb usually tosses. Drops will always happen and are never excusable, but I don't think I'm seeing them more than normal.

BigEd76

Reid was asked about it in the postgame conference and he said that it's officially an "abdominal strain"...

shorebird

MURP

PhillyGirl

Duce played a season with a hernia too.

And Reid said it was an ab strain.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.