farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

I only have 1 sister so, uh, yeah. 

General_Failure

Didn't expect her to be concerned with wrapping up pipe.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Region 16 (Fort Worth) is closed.

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

pretty awesome dallas rountable with jimmy jerry troy moose and irvin right now

funny jimmy is talking about how he never practiced in sweats...always pads...which is what andy does..and he asked if that would work in todays nfl

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

LOL, it just keeps getting better

QuoteFailure to complete temporary seating leaves some ticket holders out in the cold
Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2011, 4:48 PM EST
Super Bowl Football

The NFL has distributed in the press box at Cowboys Stadium a statement that will keep some fans who have tickets from actually getting in to tonight's game.

"There are a limited number of sections in temporary seating areas inside the stadium that have not been fully completed," the statement reads.  "We are working to resolve the matter and expect that by game time most of the fans affected will have been accommodated in their seats or relocated to similar or better seats.

"Those fans that are affected by this will be directed to the Party Plaza area while the matter is resolved.

"Fans who are not accommodated with seats inside the stadium will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket.

"We regret the situation."

Regret is an understatement.

Frankly, a triple-cost refund isn't enough.  The NFL also should reimburse the affected fans for all travel and lodging expenses.  Regardless of how this happened, it's inexcusable for the fans to find out upon arriving at the stadium that they're S.O.L.  At a bare minimum, the affected fans should be refunded every dime spent to make a trip they otherwise would not have made.

And how is this something that comes up now, on game day?  Surely, the league knew about this before Sunday.  Why not be candid about it so that the affected fans could choose either not to make the trip to Dallas or not to make the trek to the stadium.

Of course, that would have increased the numbers of folks who'd be eligible for refunds, and it would have prevented the league from getting as many folding chairs as possible crammed into the venue so that refunds of some big-dollar tickets wouldn't be required.

It's disappointing to see a league that gets so many things right whiff on something so fundamental as ensuring that every ticket sold will translate to a corresponding seat.

farging retards

Don Ho

You have got to be shteinting me!  Damn right these people had better be reimbursed for travel and lodging.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

QuotePosted by Mike Florio on February 7, 2011, 1:28 PM EST
Florio seat

As we suspected, the league knew about the potential problem with temporary seating well before Sunday.  According to the Dallas Morning News, nothing was said about the situation because the NFL believed it had a "very good shot" at getting the situation resolved.

"We made a judgment that it was the right course of action to bring the fans in, rather than to discourage them or create a sense that they wouldn't have the information necessary," NFL executive V.P. of business ventures Eric Grubman said.

What a bunch of farging scumbags. And this part isn't all on Jones (though I'm sure he had major input), it's also on the NFL. They are saying basically that they withheld the info because they knew more than the fans..so why inform them and make the decision whether to go or not for themselves.

Imagine the Eagles going to the SB (could happen), spending everything you have and more to see them, and after spending on hotels, flights etc being told your ticket is no good - and they knew that might be the case and didn't even let you know beforehand. POSs.

PoopyfaceMcGee

By all accounts, Dallas did the poorest job of hosting the Super Bowl in memory - possibly ever. It's music to my ears.

farg Dallas.

Sgt PSN

And they still get to host SB Fitty.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

what a dumb fargin' policy

I think homeboys with they pants slung to they knees look about as dumb as curly cue the hasidic jew in his black hat get up,  but so farging what.  They probably think I look dumb wearing a t-shirt over a long sleeve thermal.

How your style of clothes makes you a criminal I don't understand.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on March 23, 2011, 11:41:25 AM
what a dumb fargin' policy

I think homeboys with they pants slung to they knees look about as dumb as curly cue the hasidic jew in his black hat get up,  but so farging what.  They probably think I look dumb wearing a t-shirt over a long sleeve thermal.

How your style of clothes makes you a criminal I don't understand.

Style of clothes doesn't make you a criminal, but I do believe in every business having the right to enforce a dress code.  Whether it's a shopping mall, a resturant, grocery store, bar or whatever.  I think that wearing your pants so far down your ass that your underwear are hanging out is farging stupid and makes you look like a total moron, but anyone who wants to look like an idiot has the right to I suppose.  At the same time, I also think that any business has the right to set minimum dress standards for people that they want in their establishment. 

Diomedes

So then you're fine with the dress code I've just established for my bar:

No saggy pants
No baseball caps with stickers or flat brims
No baseball caps worn sideways
No sports jerseys
No hoodies
No Timberlands
No do-rags
No super oversized shirts

Nothing wrong with that, right?  I'm a private business owner afterall, I should be able to set minimum dress standards.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger