farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2011, 01:55:39 PM
what are the % of blacks in football?

you dont judge it against the general population

That's the most ridiculously racist argument I've ever heard. My black friends think it's stupid too...so there's that.

Diomedes

your black friend? 

I want proof (of both)
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The NFL is a copycat league, and black coaches been successful in superbowls recently. It stands to reason that teams should be more eager than ever to hire them.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on January 02, 2011, 01:55:56 PM
compare the numbers to the percentage of players rather than the percentage of the general population and we can talk....I don't give a shtein that there are no hasidic jews coaching the NFL because, news flash, there are no goddamn black hats on the field

The amount of blacks players should have no bearing whatsoever with who a General Manager chooses to hire as their coach. This whole line of thinking is bass ackwards.

General_Failure

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on January 02, 2011, 01:59:51 PM
your black friend? 

I want proof (of both)

create a facebook account

Eagles_Legendz

It's relevant when one of the primary factors for selecting a coach is based on experience. 

If your job typically required x amount of experience before being hired into a management position, and the largest group of people who worked at that job were disproportionately not in management positions, I'd say something was odd.

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD on January 02, 2011, 01:54:03 PMThe U.S. is roughly 13% black. Lets cut that number in half because women don't coach professional sports, and you have (I'll round up) 7%

That math only works if every woman in the United States is black.

General_Failure

So women only make up 6.5% of the population?

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 02, 2011, 02:06:18 PM
If your job typically required x amount of experience before being hired into a management position, and the largest group of people who worked at that job were disproportionately not in management positions, I'd say something was odd.

But the NFL doesn't require any NFL playing experience to be a head coach. Vince Lombardi, Bill Belichick, Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs, Hank Stram, John Madden... don't think any of those guys played one down in the NFL.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on January 02, 2011, 02:45:40 PM
So women only make up 6.5% of the population?

If you're arguing that only 7% of coaches should be black because half of the black 13% are women, it seems to me that you're forgetting that half of all white people are women too.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 02, 2011, 02:51:26 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 02, 2011, 02:06:18 PM

But the NFL doesn't require any NFL playing experience to be a head coach. Vince Lombardi, Bill Belichick, Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs, Hank Stram, John Madden... don't think any of those guys played one down in the NFL.

has nothing to do with the nfl and everything to do with football...how many head coaches never played football of any kind
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2011, 02:58:23 PMhas nothing to do with the nfl and everything to do with football...how many head coaches never played football of any kind

none, but if you include everyone in the country who's played football, that black % is going to drop precipitously

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 02, 2011, 02:58:23 PMhow many head coaches never played football of any kind

Plenty of them.  That's why I'm being interviewed for the Head Coach position in SF.    They noticed my posts here and realized that I'm a football genius.  

I'll send free tickets.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

You won't do any worse than Singletary. Even if you run errands during the games.