Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 22, 2020, 01:22:46 AM
I love baseball just not meaningless seasons

nhl and nba are perhaps even more meaningless

baseball this year is a total farce but its at least being played without a 5 month break
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

It's good to see the new guy fitting right in!  :D

MDS

this is really kind of special how bad this is...like just based on the law of averages even the 1962 mets would hold one of these leads

at this point they might as well get something for jt.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on August 22, 2020, 10:34:19 PM
this is really kind of special how bad this is...like just based on the law of averages even the 1962 mets would hold one of these leads

at this point they might as well get something for jt.

With Klentak, it'll be just one more crappy reliever.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm glad I didn't watch tonight.

Rome

The fam was binging West Wing season 1 last night.  Glad I watched that with them instead of this.

MDS

the sad thing is this is not really an immediately fixable problem

whatever intriguing young arms they have in their system arent getting any better and will need months of seasoning in 2021. they already traded 2 of them away, in fact. so theyll have to go out and buy like alex colome or something, fart together some waiver claims and hope ramon rosso finds his release point

the phillies are the phillies, everything is normal at least

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 22, 2020, 09:50:58 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on August 22, 2020, 01:22:46 AM
I love baseball just not meaningless seasons

nhl and nba are perhaps even more meaningless

baseball this year is a total farce but its at least being played without a 5 month break

this is a joke right?

NHL and nba played their seasons and now have playoffs mlb made up a season and playoffs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

you cant take a 5 month break then just play out fake playoffs in a bubble

mlb the entire season is under these weird rules and weird circumstances....at least its a consistently weird thing.

SD

Quote from: MDS on August 23, 2020, 03:56:23 PM

They played 90% of the regular season and the playoffs are the same. There were also no major changes to the way the games were played. Not sure how that's fake playoffs

On the flip side mlb made drastic changes to the game and is only playing 30% of their regular season

MDS

none of them are real but once you take a break it ruins it even more IMO

everyone knows what this season is for baseball...whereas stepford flyer fans will 100% count this as a cup win

General_Failure

I say this as someone who has run a sports-oriented message board for 20 years, you guys care way too fargin' much about this shtein.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on August 23, 2020, 04:13:04 PM
Quote from: MDS on August 23, 2020, 03:56:23 PM

They played 90% of the regular season and the playoffs are the same. There were also no major changes to the way the games were played. Not sure how that's fake playoffs

On the flip side mlb made drastic changes to the game and is only playing 30% of their regular season

white privilege is an addictive drug.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

5-3, bases loaded, nobody out. hoskins, bryce, jt up

k, pop, pop

setting the table for another L

SD

Workman's horrible but great ending

Great play by Knapp