The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

It looks like the Jets want Spagnuolo bad.

PhillyPhreak54

Two threads on BBI worth a laugh....

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=320265

QuoteQuestion about Brian Dawkins
mjvm52106 : 11:10 am
I have watched him play for his entire career and though I can't remember when he started wearing the oversized chinstrap with the extra padding, I can say that I believe the NFL should look into the reasons behind wearing it if it should be banned.

Ok, before getting all nasty hear me out.

If that chinstrap and the extra padding is not there because of an old injury (broken jaw, concussions) then you have to wonder why he wears it other than it allows he to go more helmet to helmet than a normal chin strap would. Dawkins is known as a fierce hitter but over the last 5 years his hits to the head (even as a player is going to the ground), have increased dramatically. Right now he has exceeded Rodney Harrison as the cheap shot artist of the NFL and the NFL's most dirtiest player.

That chinstrap is padded heavily allowing for more helmet to helmet contact for Dawkins while keeping the face mask, chin and overall head of his protected far more than the players he is hitting. Would he be so daring if he didn't have that extra piece of padding and protection?

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=320278

QuoteJim "Juice" Johnson
Thomas : 12:24 pm
Hey, I respect this guy for what he's been able to accomplish in the NFL. Same for Buddy Ryan. But does this guy personally stir steroids into his players cereal, or does someone else do it? As far back as I can remember (and this really goes for DAL and PHI) - they have always featured "steroid freaks" on their teams - especially defensively. Or could it be more that the Eagles look for self-made steroid users as part of their employment strategy? Regardless, the use of performance-enhancing drugs looks to be almost a pre-requisite to playing over there.

Lets look at the current defensive lineup. Any suspicious physiques?

I'm going to start with Trent Cole
The guy was 6'2 236 when he was drafted in '05. I remember the undersized LB/DE tweener talk. Now, he's listed at 270 lbs. at NFL.com.

Don't have to go very far for the next prospect: His linemate, DT Brodrick Bunkley. Remember this legendary ball of muscle at the Combine? The guy looked like Appollo Creed with his shirt off. Benched 44 reps at the Combine and ran 5.0 flat.

And then you've got the "Juice Brigade" of other puffy physiques, such as Brian Dawkins, Sheldon Brown, Akeem Jordan, Omar Gaither, Juqua Parker and Chris Gocong. All of these guys just look funny, particularly in the upper body.

And this is on the heels of several high-profile free agent additions with similar physiques - Hugh Douglas, Jeremiah Trotter, Jevon Kearse, Takeo Spikes, etc. And remember SS Michael Lewis? Not that good, but a physical monstrosity.

Anyone else notice this? Is so, do you care? Does it make you hate the Eagles even more? I'm under no illusions that there aren't "users" on the Giants, too, but through the years, these suspicious physiques aren't as apparent for the boys in blue, IMO.
(I thought Wilson, Mitchell and Shockey were 3, and all were shown the door.)

Those douchebags hate Dawk with a passion since he lit up Ike HIlliard a few years back.

I hope he kills someone on Sunday.

PhillyPhreak54

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=320261

QuoteWho is your least favorite current Eagles player???
bxgiants4 : 10:54 am
Lots of choices

-McFagg and his pathetic dancing?
-Dawkins and his dirty, helmet leading hits?
-Akers the low life kicker who likes to fight and run away?
-John Runyan who holds on every play?
-Asante Samuel who rolls around the turf like he got shot then comes back and picks off a pass?

I vote Dawkins

rjs246

That shtein is pathetic. Douches.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

anybody that has played football can tell you that aside from ferocious rash it gives your chin, it is incredibly uncomfortable not having good padding there after any kind of tackle

could be one of the gayest things I ever read

General_Failure

They've all lost focus. They should hate Westbrook more than anyone.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: General_Failure on January 05, 2009, 01:20:37 PM
They've all lost focus. They should hate Westbrook more than anyone.

I personally laughed at McFagg.  :-D

I think ppl in general just like Westbrook. He is quite, never says anything stupid, and never dances.

I for one hope that McFagg gets to dance all day long.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

phattymatty

yeah gocong is definitely on the juice.  i wish i still had his shirtless combine photo saved. 

SD_Eagle5

lol at the Eagles D being on juice  :-D

stalker

Do the Eagles even have 1 300 pounder on D? We have been bitching about having a big run stuffer for years. Dicks.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

SunMo

when i look at Sean Considine, i think steroids
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Magical_Retard

Listening to Mike Francesa and he mentioned how the Giants desperately needed the bye week. Said the players were exhausted and nicked up and they personally told him (he mentioned Tuck) they needed that little break.

Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

stalker

Wonder if that moron knows who Koy Detmer is?
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

Feva

Wow... and to think of the division rivals, I considered Giant fans to be the smartest ones.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

You're not exactly setting the bar very high there, chief.