unreal

5 goal game for zjvaned rangers win in ot

caps flyers identical records

caps technically in first with the tiebreak
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

when was the last time the flyers were legit good?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the year after they made the Stanley cup final

Geowhizzer

For me, this has been the most fun year since Lindros was on the team.

Geowhizzer

Phil Myers out four weeks with a fractured patella. Ouch.

SD

Rask was brilliant and the Bruins D was suffocating in the 3rd. Too many unnecessary passes on the Flyers end on odd man rushes

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AO1 on March 10, 2020, 09:27:44 PM
Rask was brilliant and the Bruins D was suffocating in the 3rd. Too many unnecessary passes on the Flyers end on odd man rushes

Sounds about right.  The Flyers were buzzing the first two periods, but Rask was a wall.  Once the Bruins scored, Boston went into shut down mode, and the Flyers just didn't have the firepower.

I thought the second goal was one Hart would like to have back.

The short-handed chance right before Boston scored stood out to me.  Tried for the pass when he should have gotten it on net.

Geowhizzer

https://twitter.com/JimJPhilly/status/1257368969490698240

Has it REALLY been 20 years since the 5-OT game?

I can remember it well.  The next day was our annual trip to Universal Studios for the 8th grade grad night.  The game ended at around 3 am.  Got up at 5:30 for school.  Got home at about 5am.  30 mile drive from school to home after the trip, and it felt like I was halluncinating.

I could never do this nowaday.  I'm wayyyyyyyy too old.

QB Eagles

In my case I'm bothered less by the absolute number of 20, but more by the fact that it happened in a different half of my life.

Watched it in a common area of a dorm, riveted to the screen, cursing out Ron Tugnutt at 2:30am. One of the best sports watching moments of my life.

ice grillin you

i would put everything i own on neither of you watching the game to the end and QB most likely didnt watch any of it

QB Eagles

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 05, 2020, 10:36:14 AM
i would put everything i own on neither of you watching the game to the end and QB most likely didnt watch any of it

Well... you'd be wrong.

Munson

Yeah what is IGY even talking about?

I was like 11 at the time and I stayed up and watched the whole thing.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

I was in California and only had to stay up past midnight. Watched the game at the tilted stick...used to be owned by the guy who ran on the field to spread his mother's ashes

General_Failure

Guys, you don't know what it's like being the only real sports fan. Please stop pretending.

The man. The myth. The legend.