Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

MDS

im all for loving useless things but spring training stat lines have to be the most utterly useless thing in the world

....except for reminding you ivan nova stinks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

remember this guy....

Anthony Gose could pitch in an mlb  game this year. Yes, the Anthony Gose who last played in the Majors five years ago -- as an outfielder. He threw another scoreless inning for Cleveland on Tuesday. He has 4 strikeouts and 0 walks in 3 scoreless outings this spring.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

he was with villar and happ in the oswalt trade.

lee = carrasco, donald, marson, *jason* knapp
halladay = d'arnoud, drabek, taylor
pence = cosart, singleton, zeid, santana

at the time the pence package was thought to be the best but....nope
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

scored may 1 phils mets tix this morn

MDS

General_Failure

Do you get one of those for free when you book a weekend cabin for corporate teambuilding retreats?

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

That's what the never sports fan wears bank branch manager when the team is doing good. No style so they'll grab something they think is cool. Also known as the Forman Mills knockoff jersey guy who tucks it in. Or the wear a jersey over a collared shirt guy.

ice grillin you

it's actually perfect for Jim thome stans who are all 60 year old pennsyltuckians

Geowhizzer

Moniak and Ranger Suarez sent to minor league camp.

Looks like Herrera is going to be your opening day CF.   :sly

MDS

not trying to play marganassi's advocate here but herrera

-legal system played out
-he was suspended
-he was removed off the roster and lost millions
-his reputation was destroyed beyond repair

outside of jail time he has paid his debt. is he now not allowed to rejoin society? isnt this how the system works? you farg up, you get rehabilitated, you make amends and rejoin the world. not saying go buy his jersey but wtf else is he supposed to do.

SD

I'm gonna take that extra step further and buy his jersey

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on March 23, 2021, 06:23:10 PM
not trying to play marganassi's advocate here but herrera

-legal system played out
-he was suspended
-he was removed off the roster and lost millions
-his reputation was destroyed beyond repair

outside of jail time he has paid his debt. is he now not allowed to rejoin society? isnt this how the system works? you farg up, you get rehabilitated, you make amends and rejoin the world. not saying go buy his jersey but wtf else is he supposed to do.

I agree with that in theory.  Doesn't help in reality in that it's the Phils, and that he's been a bone-headed players with moments of brilliance scattered in a career of bone-headedness.

Would like to have seen Moniak get a bit more of a look, though, particularly with Hasely injured.  Hell, I'd be OK with sending Kingery to minor league camp, since he's sucked for about a calendar year now.

Geowhizzer

While we're talking about the Phils... why aren't they on TV tonight?  I figured they would be, since they're in Clearwater.

Edit:  Ah hell, just found out it was on Facebook.  Stupid social media.

Geowhizzer