We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Whose letting their kids see the grands? 

We live immediately adjacent to mine, and they haven't touched the kids since 14 March.  My position is, if someone gets sick while I'm doing everything I can to prevent it, well then, I tried.  But if I dial back our precautions and someone gets sick...that is not something I care to try to live down, especially if one of the kids ends up with a lifelong health problem. 

Now that the extra 600 is long gone, I'm facing the same choice so many are:  go back to work and risk your families health, or protect your families health and prepare for financial ruin.

I'm going with the latter.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on August 18, 2020, 07:31:18 AM
Whose letting their kids see the grands?

You know the answer to this one. Thanksgiving travel is going to be a nightmare, and some major outbreak will be traced to the hot dog warmer at some BP in South Carolina.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i never knew two of my grands and havent had one alive in almost 20 years...just be happy you have any

kids on the other hand...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Right now my mom only sees our 1 year old through the front door but that's for our protection actuslly because she's an essential worker and has been working through all this. She's taking about 10 days off and getting tested twice this upcoming week so she can at least come here and spend a few days with us and her grandkid.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

Geowhizzer

Made the decision to not drive up to see my parents this summer.  My mom has COPD and major heart issues, so we didn't want to take any chances.

She was disappointed but understood that it was for the best.  I just hope that we are able to get up to see her either Christmas or next summer.  Just don't know how much time is left for her, with or without COVID.

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 18, 2020, 10:15:16 AM
i never knew two of my grands and havent had one alive in almost 20 years...just be happy you have any

kids on the other hand...

To be clear...it's my Mom next door, not my grandmother.  I'm talking about my children (not) seeing their "Mimo," and vice versa. 

I had no loving grandparents, and only knew two of the four.  My kids have been lucky, they have three grands who are nuts for them.  One of whom won't wear a goddamn mask.  And lives next to us.  My Mom.  It's not an ironic Mom tattoo I have.  I love this lady.  But she won't farging behave. 

And now I'm forced to basically tell her, no mask no kids.  WTF.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

yeah I know what you meant ...when I said you I meant you as a family
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

General_Failure

General_Failure

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

I think I've shopped at that Walmart.

PhillyPhreak54

It's not a shock to me he's wearing Texas stuff.

Diomedes

This is tearing my family up.

The elders next door, one severely compromised, refuse to quarantine, insist on shopping despite our offer to do it for them,  are going about life, etc.  They've now decided to sell the house and move away from us because we have kept the kids from them.  We can't quarantine/ wife goes to hospital for work.  I have to go about life as well.  I take reasonable precautions -- I wear a mask -- but I can't make the concrete guy's crew wear masks. 

I'm essentially being bullied into relenting and allowing the households to re-combine, or the family gets broken apart.

If someone gets sick right now...what the farg, I did my best.  If I relent, combine the exposures of both households, and someone gets sick...a kid gets lifelong lung damage....I have to live down the self-reproach and hatred for letting up too soon.

Awful shtein.