We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Phreak...you might wanna get out of Texas.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

If the 'Rona doesn't get me, trying to mow in 112 heat index will.

MDS

Quote from: Munson on June 25, 2020, 12:20:02 PM

been telling this cat this for years
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

I tried moving to Austin once - surrounded by nice liberals in the core but 10 min outside of town and it was already back to gross texas.

only lasted a month - the heat and the need to drive a car everywhere were my main cons.

General_Failure

Florida hit 9,000 new cases in a single day. That's some commitment right there.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

DeSantis closed the bars today.  For some reason, no big press conference about it...

Munson

Is he still demanding apologies and praise like he was a month ago? Lol

https://twitter.com/capgaznews/status/1276477061515956224
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

He won't help the Health Department fight the virus, but he will expect to be given a bed in ICU if he needs one.

The party of personal responsibility.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Munson on June 25, 2020, 12:20:02 PM

Our local govt has tried again to lobby for a stay at home but Abbott won't let them. All the while he's walking back his openings by shutting things down. It's so stupid.

So all the locals can do is suggest people stay home.

I'm still waiting for my test results. Hope to hear by tomorrow.

General_Failure

Last trip tot he store was basically no customer except me wearing a mask. Neighbors are all having garage sales this weekend, so they're getting all up on each other to sift through 2002's hottest fashions.

Diomedes

In Baltimore, masks are everywhere.  Some piss poor discipline about them on the street, but no one is allowed inside anywhere without wearing one, and compliance hasn't been an issue to speak of. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Johns Hopkins reporting more than 125,000 dead in U.S.

Rome

I think the 9,000 figure scared some mouth breathers here yesterday. 

They finally instituted mandatory masks inside govt bldgs. 

OTOH I went to CVS (place where sick people tend to appear) and I was the only customer wearing a mask.  I got the usual look from some old dumbass, and I politely said, "yep I'm wearing a mask to protect people like you."  I think I startled him because he just shuffled off.

The woman at the register actually said thanks to me quietly when I was checking out. 

SD

I went through the chic fil a drive through yesterday. I noticed most people pulling up to get their orders weren't wearing masks. I never wear a mask when I drive but ones always in my car. When I pulled up to get my order I threw my mask on. The store manager and asst manager were at the window (first time I've ever seen that), they both said thank you for wearing your mask when getting your order and gave me a gift card for a free sandwich.

General_Failure

I haven't been wearing a mask while walking my dog since this is a rural area and I don't have to deal with other people walking very much. This morning I had to slalom through a street full of old people with no masks waddling up to rummage through a garage sale. Thankfully my dog is a deaf idiot who wants to bark and lunge at everyone, so I had plenty of space, but man.