We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Disney closed.  Lindsay Graham self-isolating.   Would be nice if that was the last we ever heard from him.

Governor Hogan bans meetings greater than 250 people.  All government buildings closed to public.  No visiting prisons.  No renewal of driver's licenses, etc.  He handed over control of all non-essential, non-emergency government functions to his Lt. Governor, and will focus on crisis management.

I don't like this Hogan guy much.  He's a Republican who could have renounced the brand and won reelection easily, and he didn't.  So to me, he's a Trumper.

But he's done several things despite my dislike for him that I have to admit are wise and decent, and his management of this situation has so far been good. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

It's only California Disney, that barely counts. Now if Florida Disney and Waffle House close, we're all farged.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I had to eat at a Bojangles recently. 

Holy farg..
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Did Lindsay Graham catch it from his boyfriend?

Munson

The biggest health care system in the state here just announced a drive thru testing facility, apparently only a 4 hour thing this saturday
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

Quote from: Diomedes on March 12, 2020, 05:56:47 PM
I had to eat at a Bojangles recently. 

Holy farg..

is that a good holy farg because I love bojangles.

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

TX2K20 has been canceled for spectators.

It's a huge drag racing event here at the local track. People come from all over and the organizers pulled the plug about an hour ago. Needless to say the FB comments on their page are wild. I scrolled through about 500 of them and only two people said "this was the right decision"

Most are just pissed they're out money for travel expenses. A lot are pissed bc the event isn't issuing refunds on the track passes.

They had one event today and they'll still allow the racers to race this weekend but unless you're a sponsor, crew member or VIP you're SOL.

The percentage of low IQ MAGAts within the racing community is high btw. So so many "LET US MAKE THE DECISION ON OUR OWN!" Type comments. One chick screeching about that is a critical care nurse...who obviously doesn't understand that healthy people aren't really at risk here and passing it to the immunocompromised is the issue.

SD

My Trump loving race car driving Uncle is in Florida for the Gatornationals which the NHRA canceled. The fb comments are 99% stupid liberals, DemocRATS, Soros, they couldn't impeach Trump so now they're resorting to this. One guy with common sense chimes in saying Italy and China are canceling everything so hows that the democrats fault...he was immediately bashed. farging deplorables

Diomedes

Elders in my family raging that we're keeping grandchildren apart from them.

This is gonna suck.

Rome

There was a Star Trek TNG episode with Charles from MASH where the folks on his planet ritually killed themselves at 60.  They euphemistically referred to it as the "resolution." 

I'm just saying... not the worst idea ever. 

PS:  * 54 * here...  👋

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: AO1 on March 13, 2020, 06:59:02 AM
My Trump loving race car driving Uncle is in Florida for the Gatornationals which the NHRA canceled. The fb comments are 99% stupid liberals, DemocRATS, Soros, they couldn't impeach Trump so now they're resorting to this. One guy with common sense chimes in saying Italy and China are canceling everything so hows that the democrats fault...he was immediately bashed. farging deplorables

Yep...that sounds about right.

Imagine going through life so goddamn stupid like these people.

Our mayor is black and even though the concerts at the rodeo feature hip hop, KPop, Tejano to include country the deplorables are saying how it was only canceled because it is a white event and if it was "some damn NAACP thing you know damn well they wouldn't kill it"

Munson

Reports were Bolsanro tested positive but now he's denying it, saying it was negative....lying dictator, my money is on him lying.

The mayor of Miami, who also met with Bolsanaro and his crony that's sick (who also met with Trump last week), tested positive

PhillyPhreak54