Banner: We want TO here

Started by MURP, August 15, 2005, 11:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasEagle

Exactly! Which is what made them putting it up all the time such idiocy.

WEST is GOD

ESPN are the kings of hype and mainstream stories. They stick with the popular stories, blow them way up, talk about them way too much, and over-analyze. You have to deal with it if you want the coverage they bring.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

General_Failure

I guess they did it for the same reason they kept repeating the same Stuart Scott 30 second thing - the announcers don't know shtein about football.

"Why are these fans still here?"

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, ESPN was farging BRUTAL tonight. I already hate Theisman, but they were shteintariffic tonight.

When interviewing players...show the goddamn game. I don't want to see Roethlisberger winking at Kolber while our defense is sacking the QB. And then they don't even talk about it. F ESPN.

WEST is GOD

The sad thing about it is next year the Eagles will have 3 or so games on ESPN because of them getting MNF. Usually we get the same Eagles @ Skins ESPN game every year at the end of the season.

BigEd76

Quote"...contribute to that for a year."
...but not for more than a year, I guess...

Rome

The one thing that I noticed repeatedly about the announcing tonight is that they continually ignored the game and provided no substantive play-by-play calls.

If I was blind and was relying on that crew to know wtf was going on, I would have been totally lost.

Just non-stop drivel on and on for three-plus hours.   It really is unwatchable and unlistenable at this point.  Just a disgrace.

General_Failure

You might as well have been blind for the number of poor camera angle and times they cut away or split screened.

WEST is GOD

They called Eagles players names of Steelers players about 5 times tonight. OK, you can get a name confused with someone on your own team, but not the other farging team. They did this shtein last season too. Michael Westbrook with the nice gain. I mean Westbrook made a name for himself by then, get his damn name right. Michael Westbrook has been without a job for years now. Maybe next year with Joe out of this group of the 3 morons, the change of scenery will help. Madden is a serious guy, he won't be a clown with John.

Also I can't stand that stupid noise they always play on ESPN games. It's like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it sounds like a god damn train.

Rome

Mind-numbingly awful.

That's what I think of ESPN's coverage.

It reminded me of MTV's coverage of Live 8.  It was that horrible.

General_Failure

Quote from: Monster on August 16, 2005, 12:38:28 AM
Madden is a serious guy

Boom! Whack! Let me maul this turducken with my liverspotted hamfists!

PhillyPhreak54

Guess what? In addition to the Michael/Bryant Westbrook crap we hear...we're also going to have to hear a lot of how good Brian Moats is.

Gary Papa even called him Brian. Good job, Gary. Way to represent the "official Eagles station".

They call Moats Westbrook's name and think that we have a bum ass ex-taterskin receiver and Packers/Lions CB at RB. I have a headache.

Eagles_Legendz

And apparently someone named Ezekial Cobb is returning kicks for the Eagles?

BigEd76

I repeat:  Action News has the worst sports coverage of the local stations.  Even CN8 and their viewership of 10 people has better coverage.....

WEST is GOD

Quote from: General_Failure on August 16, 2005, 12:40:58 AM
Quote from: Monster on August 16, 2005, 12:38:28 AM
Madden is a serious guy

Boom! Whack! Let me maul this turducken with my liverspotted hamfists!

Excluding thanksgiving. Boom and wack are serious expressions though. It's just Madden's natural way to express himself.