Wild Card Weekend Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2014, 06:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

at least they didnt win on a horsecollar and qb sneaks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

So the three worst divisions are out after wildcard weekend

SD

Adam Schefter
So it's Saints at Seahawks on Saturday, 49ers at Panthers on Sunday.

PhillyPhreak54

How that Dawson kick didn't get blocked is amazing to me...I think the ball went through the gap betweenPackers arms

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

haha I knew it! That is amazing

TexasEagle

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 05, 2014, 08:24:50 PM

Wow. Truly a game of inches. I knew it was close, but not that close.

General_Failure

That's going to keep him up at nights the rest of his life.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Kinda like I can still remember how close ND Kalu was to blocking that punt in 2001...I asked him about it once and he said he thinks about it all the time

BigEd76

They called offsides on him, so the block wouldn't have counted anyway.  Now he can sleep

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 05, 2014, 11:05:31 PM
Kinda like I can still remember how close ND Kalu was to blocking that punt in 2001...I asked him about it once and he said he thinks about it all the time

i wonder how often mcnabb thinks about his interception

my guess is very very little
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

It requires the ability to feel embarrassment.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

shocking that eagle losses were involved in both weekends:

Three of this weekend's four NFL Wild Card games were decided by three points or less. There was only one other playoff weekend in league history in which three teams won by a margin that slim. That was in the Divisional Round following the 2006 season, when New England (24-21 over San Diego), New Orleans (27-24 over Philadelphia), and Chicago (27-24 over Seattle in overtime) all posted close victories.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Indy signed Deion Branch for this week's game in New England

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2014, 07:30:40 AM
shocking that eagle losses were involved in both weekends:

Three of this weekend's four NFL Wild Card games were decided by three points or less. There was only one other playoff weekend in league history in which three teams won by a margin that slim. That was in the Divisional Round following the 2006 season, when New England (24-21 over San Diego), New Orleans (27-24 over Philadelphia), and Chicago (27-24 over Seattle in overtime) all posted close victories.

And that both were to the Saints.