My how times change...

Started by Bristow, March 10, 2004, 01:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

The only crying picture on here was the one (now being used by you as an avatar) that we used as picture of the week on the main site like 2 or 3 years ago. We do that for EVERY team the week we play them on the main site.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Mad-Lad

I've never questioned his ability, I just figured Reid would never brigng him in.  I'd love to have him on the team, but I'm getting sick of all the TO speculation.  Just let me know YES or NO.

Bristow

evidence? sorry i don't save every thread on file, so i don't really have that.....but i can remember a thread in particular....it was about 2 years ago at the pro bowl.........McNabb threw a pretty good pass to Owens for a touchdown and it started a thread here...someone said something to the fact that how nice that would be every sunday....and the majority of the responses were negative.....

As far as me saying it rather have Pinkston and Thrash....like i also said, if it were up to me i'd pick up some other WR via FA, and start Freddie Mitchell.....but if that weren't possible.....Yes i'd take Pinkston and Thrash over Owens......I think the team will only go down with Owens.....what success this team has had was because of the team unity....everyone believing in the concept of a team and running with it.....TO doesn't know the meaning of the word Team play.......He will ruin everybit of it.....If i am wrong though i will freely admit it....in fact if we get TO i hope he turns out to be something positive....but i don't see it happening....i think If he re signs with the Ravens for more money(happily) or goes onto any other team...we will be sitting back a year from now talking about how happy we are we didn't get TO.....seeing the trouble he is causing with the team he is with....Just like we did with Keyshawn not to long ago before he went to tampa bay....anybody remember that? We saw the final outcome there...

NGM

Dear Slim comparing Keyshawn to T.O. isn't very intelligent.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PhillyGirl

I think you are definitely mistaking this board for another one....

But nice rant anyway. (I have nothing but sarcasm to contribute)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BrianWestbrook36

I've always liked TO. Can't say I've loved him because I hardly love players outside the Eagles, but I've always liked TO.

Even Steven Eagles in 04.

shorebird

Quote from: Eminem on March 10, 2004, 03:44:52 PM
evidence? sorry i don't save every thread on file, so i don't really have that.....but i can remember a thread in particular....it was about 2 years ago at the pro bowl.........McNabb threw a pretty good pass to Owens for a touchdown and it started a thread here...someone said something to the fact that how nice that would be every sunday....and the majority of the responses were negative.....

I don't know about whole threads, but you can check post from every poster here. When you find the post your looking for, click on the thread title. That would work wouldn't it?

As far as me saying it rather have Pinkston and Thrash....like i also said, if it were up to me i'd pick up some other WR via FA, and start Freddie Mitchell.....but if that weren't possible.....Yes i'd take Pinkston and Thrash over Owens.....

No farging way man, even if TO came here and mucked every thing up and Reid traded or released him, we'd still be better off having to go get another receiver or two other than Thrash and Pinkston.

A lot of us used to think we we're fine with those two, and I would even get excited over a good game, but year after year of watching them choke, drop passes in big games, and never get the job done on a consistant basis has messed up everyones attitude towards them.

I've been one who for three years has been saying that McNabb needs what every great QB has had, a true no. 1 go-to receiver. TO might be that guy, and he might not. The odds are in our favor that he is, based on his previous preformances. If he ain't, then what are we out? Nuthin'.  We must have a consistant TD threat at the WR spot. A true thousand yard 100 catch guy. Nothing else will suffice, and if TO came here and didn't work out, we move on.

A change is needed, any change.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: shorebird on March 10, 2004, 04:04:13 PM
As far as me saying it rather have Pinkston and Thrash....like i also said, if it were up to me i'd pick up some other WR via FA, and start Freddie Mitchell.....but if that weren't possible.....Yes i'd take Pinkston and Thrash over Owens.....

No farging way man, even if TO came here and mucked every thing up and Reid traded or released him, we'd still be better off having to go get another receiver or two other than Thrash and Pinkston.

A lot of us used to think we we're fine with those two, and I would even get excited over a good game, but year after year of watching them choke, drop passes in big games, and never get the job done on a consistant basis has messed up everyones attitude towards them.

I've been one who for three years has been saying that McNabb needs what every great QB has had, a true no. 1 go-to receiver. TO might be that guy, and he might not. The odds are in our favor that he is, based on his previous preformances. If he ain't, then what are we out? Nuthin'.  We must have a consistant TD threat at the WR spot. A true thousand yard 100 catch guy. Nothing else will suffice, and if TO came here and didn't work out, we move on.

A change is needed, any change.

Well said SB.  I look at it basically the same way.  Thrash and Pinkston have had their chances to prove themselves.  They haven't.  This isn't about going after a big name or anything like that, this is about strengthening a weak link in the chain.  If Thrash and Pinky would have been able to get the job done (and beleive me, I wish they did) then I may not be all for TO coming in.  Because then you would be tampering with team chemistry.  Pinky and Thrash have been among the main ingredients in the team's "chemistry" for 3 years now and it keeps blowing up in our faces.  Time to try a new formula.  

We know that Thrash and Pinky can't get the job done by themselves.  3 consecutive NFCC loses tell us that.  1 catch for 9 yards between the 2 of them vs Carolina tells us that.  Even if TO does nothing more than either of them he'll definately do no worse.  Now is the time to start taking risks.  And as critical as I've been over the FO in the past, if we get TO and it doesn't work out, there will be no complaints about the FO on this one.  

PhillyPhreak54

So what if some people ripped him when he was a 49er? Honestly, who gives a shtein?

I've ripped every opponent the same. I'm an equal opportunity ripper.

I distinctly remember blasting Dhani Jones for his stupid air banjo celebration.

If the Eagles are playing on Sunday, I hate the opposing team. I've called 53 guys a week (including some Eagles) farging bums.

But TO wants to be here. We want TO. Who gives a shtein what happened before with him? At least he's not a head-case like David Boston or Randy Moss. He ain't an angel like Marvin Harrision, but he's damn good.

And yeah, the Dallas star incident left a nice warm spot in my heart for TO.

TexasEagle

2 years ago? The crux of your argument is based on a probowl thread from 2 years ago?? Wow...  :o

General_Failure

Should I even bother reading the first page of this? I think I get the point from the second page.

The man. The myth. The legend.

GoinLong

Em, I do not and have never wanted TO on this team. I have bought into the system that Reid has established here, I know that it can win a SB. But I think it is extreme to say that I would ever accept Thrash and Pinkston being placed in such a position of responsibility again. I don't know what the answer is to improve the offense sans Owens,perhaps the Birds can again move up high enough in the draft and find an impact receiver.
The house was built by players like  ,  [Joyner], [Brown], [Simmons]," he says. "They set that legacy of Eagles defense, then passed it on to us and we built from it. Now, it's their turn to uphold the reputation."- TV

dpierce

Quote from: General_Failure on March 10, 2004, 10:00:20 PM
Should I even bother reading the first page of this? I think I get the point from the second page.

Nah, don't bother. It's like watching a soap opera...you could watch a show once a month and know the entire plotline.
Crier of the week: Terrorists of all backgrounds. Tantrums are selfish acts by children; extortion and murder disguised as fervor for a cause are both selfish and just plain evil. "We're gonna blow up things and kill people until we get our way!" There's a convincing argument, huh?

rjs246

Quote from: dpierce on March 11, 2004, 11:25:12 AM
Quote from: General_Failure on March 10, 2004, 10:00:20 PM
Nah, don't bother. It's like watching a soap opera...you could watch a show once a month and know the entire plotline.

Soap operas are weak sauce.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

yankee clipper

try to hone in on what reid thinks about all this. The FO called kearses agent one second after midnight. There was a sense of urgency to it. NO ONE was going to beat them to this guy. & that's whats lacking with the TO scenario. Terrell Owens could walk a lamb chop past a wolf. He is arguably the best receiver in football, unarguably 2nd or third. & we offer a 5th round and thrash??? Substitute the eagles for the 49ers. Put Mcnabbs name in place of TO.Other than those changes everythings the same. Are we going to entertain a 5th round in lieu of a second? Why didnt we keep them on the phone-sure were going to try and get away with a 5th but keep them on the phone and get the deal done. Everyone knew Baltimore and Atlanta were hunting for the guy & we tell them we'll get back to them after jasons press conference????!! DUST MY BROOM. The whole thing revolves around reids philosophy. He's on record as saying when he was at GB Brent didn't have any big name receivers. He actually believes that. The way you and I believe we're going to wake up tomorrow morning.