We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Cue DeathSantis in 3...2...1...

Eagaholic

I saw a piece last week that over 400 healthcare workers died from coronavirus during the post holiday surge, yet after the vaccine first became available. The real number is undoubtedly higher and doesn't include those who likely contracted it from a community source. Many of these folks dodged the corona bullet for months caring for others, only to contract and succumb to it a few days to a few weeks before the vaccine would have been available to them. It is also unknown how many of those deaths directly resulted from caring for CV patients who couldn't be bothered to wear a mask or give up socializing or whatever. Here's a site that tries to document these front line workers
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2020/aug/11/lost-on-the-frontline-covid-19-coronavirus-us-healthcare-workers-deaths-database

Rome

It's a cheap political stunt.   Private businesses have the right to enforce mask wearing if they choose. If a business owner refuses to protect his or her employees and customers, hopefully they'll start dying and people who are smarter than a virus will take over. 

That's honestly what it's come down to for me.  So few businesses here are requiring them it's getting harder to find a place to shop for groceries.   I've deliberately stopped frequently restaurants that aren't enforcing mask-wearing and I hope every last one of them goes belly up.

People farging suck.  News at 11.

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

seems like half the people I know finally got their first shot in the last week.  not me yet but it's starting to feel like being able to snort something off of a dirty bar toilet again is not too far away.

MDS

philly's rollout has predictably been a mess

last night they started an underground call for people to come by and get it since they had 500 extras. so i go down there and but there are already too many people in line. then a story comes out that yes they have extras but the leftovers are only for 1a and 1b.

the links to sign up are not private so people share them and ive been sent it 2 different times. there are no rules if you happen to sign up...its only supposed to be for 1a and 1b but theyre not asking for any proof or anything. so basically if you dont give a shtein you can easily line cut. so many people are doing this.

damn my morals i just feel super dirty signing up and taking a spot from someone who needs it even if they always have leftovers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Get ready for a lot of MUH FREEDUM videos coming out of TX.

Today is when the mask mandate ends.

General_Failure

Rome

They're wary because they believe in dumb ass religious bullshtein.  So do millions of American Christians.  They both believe in some retarded farging fairy tale, but not science, and we sit here in this ghastly position exactly because of that. 

General_Failure

I mean, the CIA fake vaccinating them to hunt down Bin Laden probably didn't help.

Rome

Well, hiding a mass murderer from an "ally" probably earns you some negative attention from said ally, no?

Diomedes

The lines get fuzzy when you're hidng a mass murderer from another mass murderer, who is using robots and doctors to kill.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Especially when the robots and doctors  are killing people who aren't the ones hiding the mass murderer
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

But they grow poppies and my niece Crystal OD'd and died on that shtein!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger