We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Florida is unofficially the new worldwide epicenter with 4,049 new cases just yesterday.   We're quickly approaching 100,000 total cases and have soared over 3,000 deaths. 

No one was wearing masks yesterday.  The beaches, bars, restaurants and stores?  All packed. 

Governor Dickface is directly responsible for this.

Voting matters. 

Diomedes

Brazil might have Florida beat for unofficial worldwide epicenter.  Just saying.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

It's not from a lack of trying, though.

People are just as stupid out here in Lancaster. Went to the store yesterday, half of these people aren't wearing masks, the other half aren't wearing them right. The only other customers I can remember wearing them right were a dad and his 8ish year old kid.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

A lot more were wearing them yesterday.  But a whole bunch must think that Covid comes in through the chin.

General_Failure

Rome

I blew my knee out last weekend.  I haven't been anywhere but the office and the couch.  I was stunned to see that yesterday.   4,049 positives is a terrifying number but even more scary is the median age of those infected.  The same farging dumbasses going to bars and restaurants are the ones spreading it, and they couldn't care less. 

I said a few weeks ago this will be an interesting case study in eugenics.  Well here we are. 

SD

Quote from: Munson on June 21, 2020, 01:19:16 AM
Quote from: AO1 on June 21, 2020, 01:14:46 AM
Friends nephew graduated from Judge and him and a bunch of his friends rented out this place in wildwood. There were 40 people in their unit and 40 in the other unit. A few of them got sick, they all got tested and were positive for Covid. Parents had to pick them up. 80 people all tested positive.

Wait...all 80 people there tested positive?

Yes

I asked are you sure and he said yes both places are now empty and everyone there is home in quarantine. His nephew has no symptoms

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on June 21, 2020, 09:25:22 AM
It's not from a lack of trying, though.

People are just as stupid out here in Lancaster. Went to the store yesterday, half of these people aren't wearing masks, the other half aren't wearing them right. The only other customers I can remember wearing them right were a dad and his 8ish year old kid.

You're not allowed in a store near me without a mask. Every store has a person at the entrance enforcing masks and there's now only one entrance.

General_Failure

There's someone at the door, but no one inside is saying anything because they're busy running registers or stocking shelves.

Munson

Quote from: AO1 on June 21, 2020, 11:11:32 AM
Quote from: Munson on June 21, 2020, 01:19:16 AM
Quote from: AO1 on June 21, 2020, 01:14:46 AM
Friends nephew graduated from Judge and him and a bunch of his friends rented out this place in wildwood. There were 40 people in their unit and 40 in the other unit. A few of them got sick, they all got tested and were positive for Covid. Parents had to pick them up. 80 people all tested positive.

Wait...all 80 people there tested positive?

Yes

I asked are you sure and he said yes both places are now empty and everyone there is home in quarantine. His nephew has no symptoms

Holy shtein. I wish they'd post that story in the papers, get people to pay more attention
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I had an interesting chat today with an acquaintance who is a pathologist at a local teaching hospital.  She performs autopsies.  One of the comments she made was that she has found the virus in every organ.  She might have actually said, routinely finds it in all organs, but I don't quite recall the exact words.  It penetrates everywhere.  Or whatever it does.  I don't know the science of it.  Point was, it's unusual.  She also emphasized that it's not just old folks dying, said she initially had plenty of PPE because SARS was a lesson and she's kept a good stock on hand as a standing practice since then, but suffers occasional lack of supply for other things, like bleach.  First I've heard that. 

She's swamped with researchers, everyone working a lot, not taking vacations, etc.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Just ate at Texas Roadhouse. Outdoor seating only, tables were far apart, no masks required. Staff all had gloves and masks. Food took forever but it was nice eating at a restaurant and having some drinks again.

Geowhizzer

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Juking the state is the GOP way.

On another note - I'm sitting in my truck waiting to be tested. Received a call this morning from a customer telling me they're shut down because they have four positive tests. One of which is a girl in their office who went home Thursday afternoon with symptoms and tested positive.

I was close to her desk while she was there.

I don't have symptoms (yet). I've been sitting here waiting going on four hours now.