We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: AO1 on June 19, 2020, 08:03:55 AM
Month ago my cousin tells me my aunt tested positive for COVID, then they called her two days later and said they made a mistake. She kept having issues with her lungs but none of the doctors took it seriously. She went to an allergist to see if that was her issue, they send her for a chest x ray and come to find out she has lung cancer. She already beat breast cancer. Doesn't drink or smoke. Nicest person you'll ever meet.

damn...thats rough. wishing her the best

Munson

Yeesh...yeah that's some zesty luck. Maybe the one time you're hoping it's Covid instead. Hopefully she can stay safe from covid now too, can't imagine lung cancer and covid together would go well
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AO1 on June 19, 2020, 08:03:55 AM
Month ago my cousin tells me my aunt tested positive for COVID, then they called her two days later and said they made a mistake. She kept having issues with her lungs but none of the doctors took it seriously. She went to an allergist to see if that was her issue, they send her for a chest x ray and come to find out she has lung cancer. She already beat breast cancer. Doesn't drink or smoke. Nicest person you'll ever meet.

Sorry to hear.  Praying that she beats it.

Rome

I have spent my entire adult life trying not to become what my mother was at that age. 

My dad died at 43, so I've got him beat.

My mother died at 76, so I've got 20 yrs left to avoid being an angry, selfish, abusive, racist bitch.

General_Failure

My dad also got a lung cancer diagnosis recently. He's had a rolle rcoaster the last five years with a brain tumor, a divorce, a fourth grand kid, and now a great grand kid, and right now he seems resigned to just let it happen and ride it out for as long as he's got.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

My colleague with the daughter with Covid returned yesterday.  I don't know what happened to her in the last two weeks but she went straight cray cray with the, "this is all a hoax" thing on me today because we may have to have to wear masks in the office.

I was literally staring at her in disbelief considering, you know, her child has the virus she's convinced is a hoax.

Get better friends, Rome.

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

no one talks to these cretins as well as that tall white dude with the beard from the Daily show...he kills it with them
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Rome

Testing is for Hoydas. 

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

General_Failure

Is this a suicide cult? Are they all going to drink cups of bleach?

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Friends nephew graduated from Judge and him and a bunch of his friends rented out this place in wildwood. There were 40 people in their unit and 40 in the other unit. A few of them got sick, they all got tested and were positive for Covid. Parents had to pick them up. 80 people all tested positive.

Munson

Quote from: AO1 on June 21, 2020, 01:14:46 AM
Friends nephew graduated from Judge and him and a bunch of his friends rented out this place in wildwood. There were 40 people in their unit and 40 in the other unit. A few of them got sick, they all got tested and were positive for Covid. Parents had to pick them up. 80 people all tested positive.

Wait...all 80 people there tested positive?