We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

I drove around and did a bunch of errands today.  I've been outside maybe five minutes prior today in the last two weeks.  The amount of people not wearing masks is amazing.  The number of stupid people outweigh the number of responsible people hence trump and I just don't see how this is going to end any time soon.  I'm almost to the point where I hope I get it soon just to get it over with. the Spanish flu or black plague or whatever killed more people in round 2 than round 1 and that shtein is happening again. have a great weekend.

Rome

I was out today.  I've been either home or at work for nearly two months.  Anyway, it was incredibly busy everywhere.  Not a single mask in sight.  The beaches are entirely open and it's as if this is completely over.

We truly are utterly farged.

Munson

Quote from: phattymatty on May 02, 2020, 08:10:41 PM
I drove around and did a bunch of errands today.  I've been outside maybe five minutes prior today in the last two weeks.  The amount of people not wearing masks is amazing.  The number of stupid people outweigh the number of responsible people hence trump and I just don't see how this is going to end any time soon.  I'm almost to the point where I hope I get it soon just to get it over with. the Spanish flu or black plague or whatever killed more people in round 2 than round 1 and that shtein is happening again. have a great weekend.

Worst part is, people aren't going to notice the consequences of this until 3-4 weeks later. Takes shtein time to kick in and by the time people who feel sick actually feel sick and get a test and end up in the hospital, it's close to Memorial Day. Which means those first few weeks of May people are even more brazen because, hey, no spike yet!

Only hope is the studies about the sun wrecking this virus within seconds are correct so the people gathering outside won't be a huge problem
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Same reports here.

People out and about without any care. I will say I did see more people than not masked up in the stores today.

Last night the drag strips opened up under the guise of following strict social distancing lol yeah right

Rome

Nothing says essential quite like drag strips.

Diomedes

I've been home.  I have no idea what it's like out there.

My wife has treated Covid patients and will again.  Our family above most others can't mix safely.

This is torture.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Hiked 7 miles in the park with my dog yesterday morning then went to my friends house for a cookout. There were 20 something people there. I'm over the stay at home bullshtein

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on May 03, 2020, 09:38:31 AM
Hiked 7 miles in the park with my dog yesterday morning then went to my friends house for a cookout. There were 20 something people there. I'm over the stay at home bullshtein

Don't give a shtein about anyone else, eh?  I'm not surprised.  I'm staying home to keep people like you and yours from getting sick, and you're out partying.  icehole.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on May 03, 2020, 09:38:31 AM

marginassi being anti science was off the board...couldnt even get odds on it in vegas
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Living with a cancer survivor whose immune system was destroyed by the treatment she received gives one a perspective that most others don't have. 

She's been out of the house twice.  If she gets this, she's farging dead.  No two ways about it. Her doctors at Moffitt have told her that she's in the ultra-risk group and to do whatever she can to avoid catching this thing.

People gotta do their lives.  I get that.  But being a selfish ignoramus often leads to unintended consequences. 

Just something to think about while you're out there whooping it up. 

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

End of January when we were at Disney my daughter got sick, stayed in bed last few days and kept her home from school for two days when we got back. She had a dry cough, was really fatigued, and had a 101 temperature...she was never tested for rona but I'm 99% sure she had it. I got sick a few weeks later, I probably had it. I'm going swimming today, can't wait.

MDS

im assuming this is a troll, which again, great stuff

if its not then i really dont know what to say
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: AO1 on May 03, 2020, 10:30:13 AM
End of January when we were at Disney my daughter got sick, stayed in bed last few days and kept her home from school for two days when we got back. She had a dry cough, was really fatigued, and had a 101 temperature...she was never tested for rona but I'm 99% sure she had it. I got sick a few weeks later, I probably had it. I'm going swimming today, can't wait.

Have her get the antibody test. Just to be safe.

A friend of mine had something that wasn't strep or the flu in January. Hung with him for several weeks and really kicked his ass.

He was sure he had it too. Went and had the antibody test last week and it was negative for COVID

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on May 03, 2020, 12:22:04 PM
im assuming this is a troll, which again, great stuff

if its not then i really dont know what to say

I guarantee it's not.