We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

First of the month is a bad day to go shopping, especially now.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Munson on April 01, 2020, 08:48:05 PM
So how's everyoen doing their grocery shopping?

I'm trying to keep my mom (who works at a grocery store) off the store floor since she's always trying to buy shtein for us. I'm gonna start doing online order and pick up. I don't want to do the other services that just drive more people into the store, I'd rather do stores that do it right there with their employees and I can roll up and they can pack it in the trunk.

I see that WalMart and Target do it. Target also does "Shipt" to deliver them. Anyone have any experiences with any stores they like?

Curbside pick up or delivery services are good if you want to avoid the stores. Like GF said make sure you notate there equivalent replacements for items. Shipt people will sometimes text or call while shopping for you to make substitutes.

I went to HEB today. No TP, paper towels or cleaning products. No peroxide or rubbing alcohol or handsoap either. I didn't need anything of those things thankfully.

They had more water than I've even seen during hurricane prep. I was pleasantly surprised at how the store was stocked for the most part.

They have the lines marked off where to stand. Some dipshteins ignore them though. It wasn't crowded at all. Their procedures are now you wait to be waved up. Then unload your cart. While the checker is scanning you stand in a red square and the checker is protected by a plexiglass shield. She tells you when to make your payment so she rotated back a bit to stay away from you.

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 01, 2020, 10:29:47 PM
Quote from: Munson on April 01, 2020, 08:48:05 PM
So how's everyoen doing their grocery shopping?

I'm trying to keep my mom (who works at a grocery store) off the store floor since she's always trying to buy shtein for us. I'm gonna start doing online order and pick up. I don't want to do the other services that just drive more people into the store, I'd rather do stores that do it right there with their employees and I can roll up and they can pack it in the trunk.

I see that WalMart and Target do it. Target also does "Shipt" to deliver them. Anyone have any experiences with any stores they like?

Curbside pick up or delivery services are good if you want to avoid the stores. Like GF said make sure you notate there equivalent replacements for items. Shipt people will sometimes text or call while shopping for you to make substitutes.

I went to HEB today. No TP, paper towels or cleaning products. No peroxide or rubbing alcohol or handsoap either. I didn't need anything of those things thankfully.

They had more water than I've even seen during hurricane prep. I was pleasantly surprised at how the store was stocked for the most part.

They have the lines marked off where to stand. Some dipshteins ignore them though. It wasn't crowded at all. Their procedures are now you wait to be waved up. Then unload your cart. While the checker is scanning you stand in a red square and the checker is protected by a plexiglass shield. She tells you when to make your payment so she rotated back a bit to stay away from you.

HMm...so shipt requires someone going into the store for me, not a store employee doing it? May avoid that then. Don't want to put some other poor sap in danger and add another person to the store just for me. Curbside pickup may be the way to go.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah they're a service like grub hub and uber eats

They were in the news recently for threatening to strike if they weren't provided better protections

ice grillin you

lol you can see her listening in her ear to the control room going ape shtein screaming at her to get him off the air

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1245571199146442754

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

People with bigger brains than I have published recent estimate of actual mortality rate from Covid-19:  0.66%

link

That's far far lower than what JHU is reporting on their daily tracker, currently at around 5.07%.

Difference is the source of the data:  JHU is getting only confirmed cases and not doing any fancy maths. 

5% of 327 million (population of U.S.):  16,350,000
0.66% of 327 million: 2,158,000

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Munson

Quote from: Diomedes on April 02, 2020, 07:43:44 AM
People with bigger brains than I have published recent estimate of actual mortality rate from Covid-19:  0.66%

link

That's far far lower than what JHU is reporting on their daily tracker, currently at around 5.07%.

Difference is the source of the data:  JHU is getting only confirmed cases and not doing any fancy maths. 

5% of 327 million (population of U.S.):  16,350,000
0.66% of 327 million: 2,158,000

On the other hand...
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1245560150561361920

This is terrifying. But I suppose the amount of people out there infected but not counted is probably higher than the amount of deaths not being counted as covid19
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

Diomedes

Every day our data gets better but we're a long way from having good data.

Grim days.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

https://news.yahoo.com/didn-t-know-until-last-122146774.html

1. He's either a complete dumbfarg
2. He's lying and hoping people forget that they've heard the opposite for months

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure