We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

https://twitter.com/danielsgoldman/status/1239241504226508802

Dem lawyer during the impeachment investigation.

Fun fact: the senate trial vote wasn't even 6 weeks ago

Munson

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Sadly nothing Cheeto Dick does shocks me any more. It also shows how god damn stupid he is to ask Germany to ante up their work for US only.

Literal imbecile.

We went out last night and today and the places we went normally are hopping and there was a handful of people there.

NYC and PA (certain counties including Chesco and Montco) have ordered restaurants to close to walk in biz and only do take out or delivery.

The markets are going to crash again tomorrow. Overnight trading indicates it'll open down 1000

Rome

My buddy just sent me this:

QuoteNot sure of validity here, but my brother's son Ryan at University of Delaware has a fraternity brother whose aunt works for CDC.  She was in a mtg w/Trump and tomorrow they will be announcing a national quarantine for everyone in the US for up to two weeks to stay at home.  I can see him doing this to get on top of it and stomp out.  Guess we'll all see tomorrow.  Just figured I'd let you know so you can get your shtein paper and Gentleman Jack before the rush

Like he said, validity is a question but it makes sense. 

Frankly, it's too little too late at this point. 

Munson

Interesting. Only thing that makes me question it is didn't the CDC just issue guidance today for seniors to stay home? Or am I mixing that up with the fact that they wanted to do that last week and were shot down by the admin?

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

A National quarantine is certainly on the table.

But "my brother's son Ryan at University of Delaware has a fraternity brother whose aunt works for CDC" is ridiculous.  Jesus Christ.  Thank God you warned me of the validity question, otherwise I never would have suspected.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah we have had a lot of that here too; someone started the rumor that the city of Houston was going to enact a lockdown. I have a friend who works for the city so I texted him and asked if it was true. It was not.

Even when we told the person who heard fifth hand that a lock down was coming did not believe us despite hearing it straight from the mouth of someone high up in the city.

Munson

CNN saying they're considering a nationwide curfew (which sucks honestly because the few times I have snuck out to the store I've done it late night to avoid crowds hah)

Diomedes

I just requested an absentee ballot.  I'll vote by mail, thank you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

I see the Dow is reacting well to Trump bragging about the highest stock rise ever all weekend and the Fed cutting rates

Diomedes

he's got this under such control that he can return to bashing Hillary and pardoning members of his crime family

it's great