We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Personal anecdote time:

I went to see Flogging Molly last nite.  Great show.  The Interruptors were *supposed* to be the co-headliners but someone (all?) got Covid so they begged out

Anyway - before the show we ran into a friend of my buddy at the show.  He's a decent sort (or so I thought).  He's in the rock and roll business and works with promoters and whatnot.  Anyway, I happened to say it's too bad we were going to miss the Interruptors and Covid really sucks.

The guy stopped dead in his tracks and let loose with a conspiracy laden rant the likes of which even I have never heard.  Covid is a hoax.  It's all bullshtein.  No one is dying from it.  The Bill Gates shtein.  The vaccine is actually what's killing people.  On and on.  I was stunned.  Actually speechless.  I've known this guy for 30 years and I had no idea the rot went as deep as it did with him. 

So that's not really the story here.  Before his rant he mentioned he was going to Norway (And Paris, Amsterdam, etc.) this summer.  I'm certain they require vaccines and clear Covid tests, so after he got done venting his spleen, I asked him how he thought he was getting into Europe without documented evidence of vaccinations and boosters.

He then told me there's a network of resistance among workers at vaccination sites who are actually not administering the shots.  This one was at a Walgreens in Port Orange.  He walked in fully prepared to just take the shot and be done with it.  He was told to just tell the guy that he was terrified of the shot and all the "poisonous/deadly side effects."  His story concluded with him telling me the tech simply shot the vaccine into the trash can and he handed him the completed vaccine card and said come back for your booster as recommended and we'll do this again. 

Now, I'm not saying for sure that this happened especially since it's strictly anecdotal evidence, but it doesn't surprise me one damn bit that this sort of utter lunacy is occurring out there.

I couldn't get him to tell me where it was happening other than a Walgreens in the city I mentioned but what the farg am I supposed to do here?  Do I report it to the CDC because I know the local Florida Health Department is run by anti-vaxxer lunatics?

I'm just sickened to my stomach right now and filled with blinding rage over it.  My wife survived one plague and now has severely impaired immunity and has spent the past 2 years living in fear of catching this virus.   I know there's iceholes out there refusing to get vaccinated but I had never considered there were people engaged in this sort of deplorable professional misconduct.

I'm truly at a loss, fellas.   

SD

Sounds like it might take a life for hateful eyes to glisten once again. You found yourself in the same old mess Singin' drunken lullabies

PhillyPhreak54

I do not doubt the Walgreens story.

There were people selling cards on social media and Antonio Brown also did the fake vax thing. So yeah knowing that plus knowing a RN who works at one of the biggest hospitals in this state who is a full blown conspiracy nutjob I could see it happening. The person whom I know is just like your buddy...but maybe worse. The shtein he posts on FB is mind boggling.

social media has ruined people. From the election shtein to the racism and now to the covid...ruined.

Munson

FDA panel finally recommends vaccines for 6 months-5 year olds
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

after 2+ years it finally got me

im not sure how i got it....maybe hooking up with this girl on saturday or just something innocuous like being at a bar or the phillies game. started to feel weird wednesday night, but it just felt like a cold. runny nose, minor headache. cough. lost a lot of my appetite. on friday i took some dayquil, burned up like during vaccine 2, and i figured oh man. sure enough today - positive.

feel like i could easily function. just my energy levels are lower, mostly because of the lack of food ive consumed. but maybe the covid. on the bright side now i dont have to go out for fathers day.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Wifey has Covid.  She's tested negative 3 times but she literally has every symptom. The tests are having trouble spotting whatever farged up variant is out there right now so it's not a surprise. 

I'm still good.  The kid is ok too.  I felt like dog shtein last weekend but I also tested negative twice.

Ugh.

PhillyPhreak54

Wishing for the best for your wife, Romey. Hopefully she kicks it quick.

Same for you lil guy. But was the hookup worthy or getting the Rona? Or nah.

MDS

ironically she had an unrelated covid scare this week, tested negative, so i was like whatever...and now i probably gave it to her lol

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

I'm assuming all you sick people got better and everything is great.

Now that we got through all this, let us welcome the newest sub variants, which don't care about your vaccination status or anti-body response from prior infection...they comin' for you regardless.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/22/health/ba4-ba5-escape-antibodies-covid-vaccine/index.html
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Great.

Flight operations being affected
Ortho clinic I go to has half their people out
My girls former workplace has to close tomorrow because everyone is sick

General_Failure

Customer came in the other day with a test kit in her bag, we went and wiped down everything they touched when they left. And yet, only half of us are still wearing masks, and that includes the new hire who is required to wear it for a week after recovering from covid.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Lady Rome went back to work today. She's much, much better.  Still had the lingering cough but other than that and mild fatigue, she's alright. 

ice grillin you

i was thinking about something tonight...what % of people who say they have never had Covid because they have never had symptoms and/or have never tested postive actually have had Covid....id like to say ive never had it but im pretty liberal with where i go even if i mask up all the time i still go around a good amount of people who dont mask and for a while now ive only wore masks when i'm stationary...my opinion is that i have def had the Vid and maybe even multiple times...i dont even know if its possible to get accurate numbers on people like me but id be interested to know the results if there were
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous