2021 Draft Discussion

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2021, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Kwity Paye DE from Michigan seems to be the name floating out there right now

QB Eagles

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 06, 2021, 12:00:52 AM
They could use young talent at almost every position. They don't particularly need a RB and we know they don't give a shtein about LB but otherwise just don't farging whiff on the pick again.

Still this. Don't care about the position. Don't care if he's high in mock drafts or a sleeper pick. Just don't whiff on the player. They need far too much to be caring about filling "holes". The team is a hole right now.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: TAFKASD on April 28, 2021, 09:23:32 AM

Hard no.

I think one thing that has turned me off the draft is what Havas mentioned - so many people think they are draft experts now. Not that it wasn't like that before but it wasn't so in your face. Now every swinging dick has a podcast. Or former writers have podcasts. And there are so many shows and online publications that it gets overwhelming. And normal people who aren't in the media think they're experts because "they watched the film" yeah ok....whatever.

I'm sick of everyone talking about position groups as "the room". "he'd be a great addition to the OL room". Stop.

And while we're at it....the switchover to the term EDGE. farg off its a DE.

Don Ho

QuoteHere's another Paye tidbit, from Tony Pauline of the Pro Football Network:

"(12:55 PM ET) I'm told the team loves Kwity Paye, the edge rusher from Michigan, and view him as a clone to another former Wolverine — Brandon Graham — the Eagles' former first-round pick. Could they take him with the 12th overall selection? I'd say right now, it's possible."

Who is Tony Pauline? He used to work with the Birds' official website. He predicted the Jalen Reagor selection last season, along with Lance Zierlein. They were the two dudes that were on top of that one.

On paper, Paye does seem to be the type of player the Eagles would draft. They love edge rushers. They've selected a million of them in the past. And with BG soon moving on, and Derek Barnett on the last year of his deal, the only guarantee moving forward is Josh Sweat. There's a very brief shelf life for this unit, as currently constructed.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

I'll send the Don Ho tidbit later, he predicted the Carson Wentz selection in 2016.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Getting closer to posting a "Point & Laugh at the Eagles Forever" thread.

MDS

dumb prediction that wont be true:

eagles target surtain and possibly leapfrog dallas to grab him...then grab that wr from minnesota in the 2nd round
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

dumb prediction that won't be true after day 2:

Eagles grade A+

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 28, 2021, 03:39:38 PM
Quote from: TAFKASD on April 28, 2021, 09:23:32 AM

Hard no.

I think one thing that has turned me off the draft is what Havas mentioned - so many people think they are draft experts now. Not that it wasn't like that before but it wasn't so in your face. Now every swinging dick has a podcast. Or former writers have podcasts. And there are so many shows and online publications that it gets overwhelming. And normal people who aren't in the media think they're experts because "they watched the film" yeah ok....whatever.

I'm sick of everyone talking about position groups as "the room". "he'd be a great addition to the OL room". Stop.

And while we're at it....the switchover to the term EDGE. farg off its a DE.
Holy shtein I could rip a top 20 list off the top of my head of annoying, lazy and moronic shtein like this that I see all the time. I won't bore everybody with my own pet peeve list of inane omnipresent crap, but at least I did find some pretty cool night before the draft info: I've seen that Howie might move back up in the draft. Or, he could also move down further to get more picks, unless he decides to stay put at 12. I've seen this from a good number of sources so I'm pretty sure it's true.

Diomedes

You know Howie is feeling emboldened by all the intrigue today.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Let's be real, Howie is always emboldened. Nothing he could do today would come as much of a surprise, except maybe staying at 12 and taking the consensus best guy on the board at the time.

PhillyPhreak54

WR drafted +130
CB drafted +145

Those are the odds for their first pick.

I threw a few bucks on each. I'll make more if they take a WR.

General_Failure

I'm ready for Howie to draft a TE tonight.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

I've always disliked Urban Meyer.

Hate him even more now that he let the entire time run off the clock to make this pick. icehole